Phatillusion

Fishing

The state record is 4 lbs 2ounces, was caught by a 8 y/o at a farm pond two years ago on a donald duck rod. Betcha that was a fight :D   :)

Lol, my kid has a batman rod. :)

Batman>Donald Duck.

Edited by Phatillusion

Is it one of the little all in one jobs like 2 1/2 ' long ? My little nephew has the batman :P I couldn't imagine the fight a 4lb bluegill would put up with that little tiny rod :)

Edited by ramos

Is it one of the little all in one jobs like 2 1/2 ' long ? My little nephew has the batman :P I couldn't imagine the fight a 4lb bluegill would put up with that little tiny rod :)

Be a lot more of a fight on a 10' rod....

Yeah, but the thing is like a pencil diameter at the butt of the rod. Creek chubs feel like jaws with that little rod :D:)

Edited by ramos

I was gonna go rock fishing when I was up in MD, but ended up not going. Next time Im up there I will though.

I love to fish reds, especially when they get going on topwaters.

I was gonna go rock fishing when I was up in MD, but ended up not going. Next time Im up there I will though.

What exactly is a rockfish ? Several of my friends have talked about going rockfishing up in Maryland. I have seen a couple pictures, they look like a striped bass to me. :)

I'm heading out tommorrow for a weekend of catfishing. I'll bring the camera along :)

What exactly is a rockfish ? Several of my friends have talked about going rockfishing up in Maryland. I have seen a couple pictures, they look like a striped bass to me. :)

You wouldn't expect people in Maryland to call things by their right names now would you?

You wouldn't expect people in Maryland to call things by their right names now would you?

{old timey voice}

why I auta :fryingpan:

:bartmoon:

I'm heading out tommorrow for a weekend of catfishing. I'll bring the camera along :)

You should bring me instead...then I'll bring the camera. Actually I have never fished cats, caught a few but never really tried. Anything that you would recommend? The season for them is open right now, but I am not sure exactly what to do. Also, is there a water temp that you like to see before going out? The water might be a little cold here, backwaters it is up to 60 already but on main lakes and rivers I am not sure.

There's always a standing invitation for any of you guys. Anytime your in the area, and want to go. Just let me know. My little john boat isn't that big. But there's plenty of room for three or four people.

Usually about 60 degrees is the perfect time for them to start running up the rivers here. Where we go usually, is a tidal river with brackish water. We tear em' up all day long with Shrimp. But here it's only during the spring. Later into the summer you can hardly catch any at all during the day around here. Only at night. Also when they are really biting good. We catch a lot of them on large bluegill colored rattle traps. :)

I wanna go fishing this weekend, bought a pole a couple weeks ago but been to busy to go, havent been fishing in years.

yea, jus went to bass pro shop and academy outdoors to price everything. gonna be fun. just checked the weather forcast. its gonna be great, high in the mid 70's low in the mid 50's 10mph wind from the north, gonna be perfect for camping

Edited by Goddyd4me

Fishing sucked, storm was coming in from the coast. Made for a rough trip. Didn't catch much of anything. Hard to sit still in a john boat with 4 foot waves :)

Fishing sucked, storm was coming in from the coast. Made for a rough trip. Didn't catch much of anything. Hard to sit still in a john boat with 4 foot waves :)

Hard to sit still in 4 footers in anything, especially a JohnBoat.

We caught a couple tonka fish ( just like the real thing only smaller ) I got a couple pics of a friends dad that went with us. I forgot to get them off the camera though:( I'll get them later though. Nothing spectacular. :)

well i think im gonna buy some of my fishing/camping stuff tonight.

My boat is now fixed, but it keeps raining. Effin spring, been 4 days in a row now--2 without sun which isn't normal.