Sign in to follow this  
Penguin4x4

Y'all Alright, Okies?

Mother Nature apparently feels like repetitively taking huge shits on OKC. I know we normally hate each others guts but let us Lone Star hooligans know if you need anything, we'll be glad to help! Stay safe!

Yes, stay safe and be strong out there!

The same from AZ.

I truly hope this has not effected any of our members directly.

J

Yeah, it sucks. It was about 40 miles or so away from me.

We shut down around noon to get everyone home. After it had past through many of us (including myself and my wife) went out to help with search and rescue for several hours.

While I am glad we found and helped many, some of the things we saw will simply never go away. The horrific nature of this event and the children lost is..... well words can just not explain how I fell right now.

I am grateful that we are "ok"...but that is only physically...mentally that is a whole different story.

We shut down around noon to get everyone home. After it had past through many of us (including myself and my wife) went out to help with search and rescue for several hours.

While I am glad we found and helped many, some of the things we saw will simply never go away. The horrific nature of this event and the children lost is..... well words can just not explain how I fell right now.

I am grateful that we are "ok"...but that is only physically...mentally that is a whole different story.

Sorry man, glad that you are "ok" though. 

Let us know if you need to talk brother. We are a family here man, and we are here for you.

J

Thanks...been a long day/night and there are still many more missing at this time...

I have to be honest...the drive home just makes me feel worse. So many are with out homes and here we are driving to our house for the night...just does not seem right.......

No it doesn't and it won't for a long time. That's why you open your wallet, open your heart and share what you have.

Only through helping those who are down will you feel picked up.

J

Thanks...been a long day/night and there are still many more missing at this time...

I have to be honest...the drive home just makes me feel worse. So many are with out homes and here we are driving to our house for the night...just does not seem right.......

You folks are in our prayers brother ... Be strong !!!

I am grateful that we are "ok"...but that is only physically...mentally that is a whole different story.

I had to turn the news off. I cant watch that kind of stuff.

As soon as I heard about it last night, first thing I thought about was if you're ok.  Glad to hear you are. 

No words can describe a disaster of this size, just brings sadness knowing the loss of lives. :(

I am grateful that we are "ok"...but that is only physically...mentally that is a whole different story.

Took the car to the dealership for a safety recall and they had CNN on in the waiting room. I couldn't stand 5 minutes of it and had to leave; those reporters are like fucking jackals.

Took the car to the dealership for a safety recall and they had CNN on in the waiting room. I couldn't stand 5 minutes of it and had to leave; those reporters are like pucking jackals.

Yeah, i understand that they are just doing their jobs in all, but i wouldnt be able to just stand their and report, i would rather help.

Son of a BITCH. What the fuck, Mother Nature?

Indeed my thoughts. This last set of storms that produced tornadoes went right across my house and less then a block from my shop.

And to top it off, we were caught in traffic during the 4 hours of storms and 7 tornadoes that were springing up around us...

At least I can say the month of May was not boring I guess.

just heard some new info on the el reno tornado, it was upgraded to a ef5 tornado with wind speeds maxing out at 300 mph... The tornado width went from around a mile wide to 2.6 miles wide in 30 seconds making this the widest tornado in history. That's pretty interesting

Amoung others including a mother and her child and all the lives lost from thr f5 that hit moore.

Has been rather somber in okc for some time now and will be for a whikemI'm sure.

its a shame these phenomena's happen and the loss of life associated with it. Hopefully with new technological advancements in warning systems and home structure can help cut the loss of life.