dragon123443

electrical requirements for 1000 watts

does anyone know what do I need to do to my electrical to run a 1000 watt amp? I will be using a fosgate punch.

What vehicle? What size alt and stock batt? I'd for sure at least do the big 3. Then see how that goes and if your voltage is still dimming then get a small second battery.

Mitsubishi eclipse 2006 idk about the alternator its the factory one and stock battery yes .. I was hoping of changing out my stock battery with kinetik or xs and do the big 3 and call it quits lol

Only way to know for sure it to do it and see if you need to do any more or not.

Big three (4ga recommended). Some true 4 guage wire. Possibly a small AGM battery (if you have to run over 12ft of power wire I probably an additional battery. If your alternator is rated at 90amps or under you might want to consider an upgrade to at 130amp alternator.

Well do the big 3 and see if the voltage is okay. If not your going to need a second batt

I was planning on using knuconceptz 0 gauge for my big 3. and yeah I guess only one way of figuring it out

Use 0 gauge for your big 3. Possibly get a good agm battery to replace the stock one. I was running 1000 watts in my honda with just those upgrades and doing just fine on my stock 80 amp alternator and no second battery. With my a/c and lights on I was still only pulling 70 amps with my stereo at full tilt. Start with what you have said and take the advice given. If your voltage is dropping too far you will need to look into a second battery, ho alt etc.

What kinda of subs are you going to be driving with the amp? If budget isn't an issue just go ahead and hook everything up and see everything else like everyone says, but if you plan on pushing its limits ( running dual 600w 12s at your amp's lowest impedance rating for example) be prepared to do some upgrades. (could easily be an additonal $300 just to upgrade alternator/big3/battery).

This thread is just conjecture.  Can't be anything more.  The only thing you can do is hook it up and see how your electrical system handles it.  There are far too many variables involved.  Upgrading the big 3 would be a logical and cost effective upgrade, but beyond that you have to wait to get it installed and see how your electrical is performing to determine what your needs may or may not be. 

I understand were ur coming from bro I made pretty much exactly the same thread not too long ago.

I would do/recommend exactly what he ^ said