Welterc50

SSA Zcon Power Handling Question

Alright guys, I finally got my build up and running (its in the build log section if you need to see it) and I am asking myself if I need more power. 

Currently I am running an AB1100.1, and during testing had it wired up but scored a 150.2.  After wiring it down for peak power from the amp it scored a 154.2.  Te reason I ask this is because these subs seem to be laughing at that amp..  I mean I know they are underrated at 2250 RMS but they literally only move 3/4 of an inch at most (20-30hz) and get stupid loud in that box.  I am looking to add more batteries, maybe another alt, and maybe gonna add another AB1100.1.  I am just worried that the 3" coil wont be able to handle it at full power.. Anybody have any ideas on what they think they could take (I only give clean power), or know of anyone who has had these up around that power level?

It can really depend on the install.  Some guys are throwing 5k+, but each install is different.  You can always back down the gain making less strain on your electrical system.  Just pay attention to the sub's when setting the gain. :)

i have seen them take over 5K in burps  many times , also in 30 second music runs... electrical is key.. keep the signal clean and you should be fine.

of course your body is your greatest tool.... eyes ears and nose.