Andy Walunas

Comparing SSD to BD

Hello all, I'm planning a new build and was going to use 4 DAD BD woofers but have been also looking around at different companies and wondered if anyone could compare the DAD BD's to the Fi SSD. I already own a BD-15 and love it, but have no experience with Fi audio what so ever. I'm going to run either 4 15's or 4 12's (most likely 12's) in my 1999 Subaru Impreza on a Cactus 5K. I need to get loud at fill tilt but sound good a lower volumes, my DAD woofers do this VERY well. If anyone has experience with these two woofers any info is appreciated. 

Bass is susceptible to each individuals hearing preference. This is going to turn into a shit storm.

WTF is a DAD BD?

It's the difference in getting a custom suit tailored to you, or picking one up off the shelf.

Translation for those that don't wear suits.

Buying shoes? How about 2 sizes too small or big? Other option is what fits. Shitty fitting suits suck.

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many "SQL" vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.

What kinda applications is the SSD used in? I'll be daily driving thus system and bass racing in the weekends.

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many SQL vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.

What kinda applications is the SSD used in? I'll be daily driving thus system and bass racing in the weekends.

Daily driving and musical woofer..cooling technology is the same that is / was used and develooped in the BTL woofers.

No other woofers have it simply because they are not machined in house to order.

The SSD with standard leads, standard copper coil, and cooling is my favorite sub personally.

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many SQL vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.

Efficient woofer?  How so?  What is a video going to do for me?

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many "SQL" vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.

"SQL" does not exist. Did you not read the forum rules when you joined?

I would go with SSD

Ok let me refrase my question. Can the SSD be used daily driven to play music at very high volumes? Not looking to play tones just music at full tilt allot.

With the correct enclosure build, battery power, electrical, and (last, but definately not least) amplifier power ... Should be no problem.

Of course that would go with just about any WELL BUILT Sub Bass drivers on the market today ...

Ok let me refrase my question. Can the SSD be used daily driven to play music at very high volumes? Not looking to play tones just music at full tilt allot.

Of course it can, as can hundreds of other drivers.

I wouldn't run anything twisted does. Especially not his dad

Who the eff would name a sub dad? Either way it looks like garbage.

Who the eff would name a sub dad? Either way it looks like garbage.

I think it is short for Definitive Audio Designs ...

No acess to my computer to know for sure, but it is something like that.

Yes thats what it stands for. And you may want to take a closer look at the BD, look at the massive cooling features and dual spaced spiders. Looks like nobody has much experience with this woofer and the SSD. Thanks for the input guys.

Edited by Inclined

Why don't you research and figure it out yourself instead of getting all butt hurt about the situation?

Lol. You sound like a salesman, not someone looking to buy an SSD. All of your arguments have been anti-SSD and pro-BD.

It's good that you are happy with the sub woofer you have, but it is not a fair comparison.  What people are getting at is moving to a custom ordered Fi, is a sizable step up in quality and performance. ;)

Sketchy post is sketchy.

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many SQL vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.What kinda applications is the SSD used in? I'll be daily driving thus system and bass racing in the weekends.

Daily driving and musical woofer..cooling technology is the same that is / was used and develooped in the BTL woofers. No other woofers have it simply because they are not machined in house to order. The SSD with standard leads, standard copper coil, and cooling is my favorite sub personally.

Nick, what about that particular SSD combination makes it your favorite sub?