Andy Walunas

Comparing SSD to BD

x2 !!!!

The BD series is an efficient woofer used in many SQL vehicles and is very similar to the SSD. The options I'd be getting would essentially be making it like the BD. Look up Twistedchild420 for many videos.What kinda applications is the SSD used in? I'll be daily driving thus system and bass racing in the weekends.

Daily driving and musical woofer..cooling technology is the same that is / was used and develooped in the BTL woofers. No other woofers have it simply because they are not machined in house to order. The SSD with standard leads, standard copper coil, and cooling is my favorite sub personally.

Nick, what about that particular SSD combination makes it your favorite sub?

Wgat is every ones favorite SSD configuration and Wgat kinda of install was it used fur? Did you change anything? Do you still have that setup? Was it loud eanough for you?

Wgat is every ones favorite SSD configuration and Wgat kinda of install was it used fur? Did you change anything? Do you still have that setup? Was it loud eanough for you?

None of those questions will give you an answer to properly help make your decision. Answers to help were already provided and you chose to argue them with your limited knowledge of the DAD BD series subwoofers just because Twistedchild420 runs them. Which makes no sense like he is the end of all when it comes to car audio.

If you like the BDs then keep them, that way you only have to buy 3 more. If not then try an Fi woofer and see for yourself, you won't regret it.

I had 2 15 ssd subs powered by a aq2200 and was able to hit 148.9 db with them in a 7 cubic foot box tuned to 36hz.

Quit asking everyone's opinion and try one or the other. You can always sell and buy the other. The only opinion that matters is your own.

I agree, we need to focus on the objective information here and not have the OP swayed by a wannabe youtuber pushing product.  Nick gave straight facts as to why the SSD's are an excellent option, and superior choice.

I had 2 15 ssd subs powered by a aq2200 and was able to hit 148.9 db with them in a 7 cubic foot box tuned to 36hz.

How does this help him buy a subwoofer or make a decision, there could be someone saying they have BDs on 1500 watts doing 150db. So now he would think the BDs are louder and his best bet.

How does this help him buy a subwoofer or make a decision, there could be someone saying they have BDs on 1500 watts doing 150db. So now he would think the BDs are louder and his best bet.

It doesn't....but he asked for install examples and he gave him one

Also those were ssd's with all the options back in 2010.

Sean015.jpg

Just buy a pair of EVILS and be done with it ...