kappa546

FS: 2 of a kind custom Linear Power 1002's

Product Brand & Model:

2 of a kind Linear Power 1002's. Completely custom, read additional info at the end of post.

Condition of all items:

Look at the detailed pictures.

Total Price: :

$475

Shipping Terms: :

I pay to lower 48.

Pictures: 

DSC01066_zps9d6a6f99.jpg

DSC01068_zpsf69ea902.jpg

DSC01090_zps0be0bbed.jpg

DSC01091_zps5f541181.jpg

DSC01092_zps165cdd0c.jpg

DSC01094_zps34429bd3.jpg

DSC01096_zpse46cbc26.jpg

Additional info:

The 1002s are very special amps. Modded for 4 and 8 ohm stereo only. >100wpc rms @ 8ohms. Less than 25 hours of use after rebuild 8 years ago by Ray. Hand built, tweaked and modded by one of the LP techs (named Steve, Ray knows more) for his personal car years ago, just to run the front stage.  A lot of hand-wiring throughout. Special resistors, big transformer for higher voltage/output. Bigger caps, special relays for the turn-on/off pop elimination, a special power supply that requires custom plexiglass bottoms, etc. Terminal blocks are custom, like the 8002SW. New RCAs. just about everything is custom to create a lot of output in a small package with very limited distortion (lower than normal). Oh, yes, these are special. Dynamite stereo performance in a small package. Got >$300 in the mods alone.

Edited by kappa546

SO SEXY for pro front stage. Damn wish I had that paper, someone scoop!

Dang ... Wish I had the cash for these !!!

What happened to the original silk screens ?? I have one ...

I don't have the original bottom plates, the transformer wouldn't fit anyways.

I am interested.  How much power would these push per side and would it be enough for a set of Hertz Mille's

I am interested.  How much power would these push per side and would it be enough for a set of Hertz Mille's

I have never benched them but they will definitely get the Milles moving and sound fantastic doing it. I tested them on 8ohm midbasses and i did not feel like I was giving anything up to my old 2.2HV. It's crazy to hear what these can do, and then expecting to see something much much bigger when you check the trunk.

Specs can be found here ... http://www.linearpower.com/detail/1002.html

The similarities between a stock 1002 and these end at the heatsink size.

The similarities between a stock 1002 and these end at the heatsink size.

I know these amps ... Already talked to Ray about them.

That link is misleading. Like i said, only the heatsink is the same between a stock 1002 and these.

wish i knew more about these i am very interested and have the paper but right nowi only feel like paying 300.   

As far as tech specifics,  i wrote down all i know of the amps. For comparisons, i can't think of anything that is even close that has similar clean power in a comparable package.  

The more I think about it, the more I begin to reconsider even trying to sell them. I may not be using them now, but I'm sure i could down the road.