DieseLife

Newb System Advice-Subs and Amp

I have a 2003 dodge ram im looking to put a setup in under the back seat. I will be building a fiberglass sealed box conformed to the underseat area shape. It will net me a minimum of 1.75ft3. Im just looking for hard hitting bass, no top of the line setup. Budget for the subs is around $300+-, i would imagine 2 10's would probably be my best route? I just went around to all the shops here in town for different opinions. I know Kicker is normally frowned upon, but a few places suggested the new Comp R 10's and a cx1200.1. I cant seem to find much info on the new subs, i was told these new subs are from a better sound engineer kicker hired recently but it could be BS for all i know. So what subs and amp would you folks suggest given the airspace i have and being under a back seat? Im still searching around, but being inexperienced in audio is making some of the information a bit overwhelming to take in and remember.

That's the exact box setup I have planned. Thanks for the pics! Is that your truck?

Just need help figuring what subs/amp to run for that location.

Looks great Quentin. Are those LI's or DR's?

Tape. You will want to do two layers to insure no bleed thru.

I was going to use visquine but that tape would be much nicer to work with. Anyone here use a kayer of felt between the tape and fiberglass like some of the youtube videos? That's just to form a shape/structure right?

I was going to use visquine but that tape would be much nicer to work with. Anyone here use a kayer of felt between the tape and fiberglass like some of the youtube videos? That's just to form a shape/structure right?

If you look closely at the box I used a small piece of trunk liner where there was a large gap. Besides that no. You only need fiberglass. I could have just used cardboard to shape that gap but the carpet flowed nicer aroj d the curve of the bottom of the truck.