DieseLife

The New Kicker Comp R

Is 1 ICON gonna hit pretty darn hard or what? Again i have no experience with these brands so i must ask these questions. Lol

1 ICON can get very loud.
Enclosure is key Edited by mlcantin

This is going in a dodge truck. There are only so many options that will work correctly. And two tens is the best option.

This is going in a dodge truck. There are only so many options that will work correctly. And two tens is the best option.

So they can fit under the seat so people don't think you have an audio system

You obviously do not know what the floor pan looks like under a 4 door dodge.

You obviously do not know what the floor pan looks like under a 4 door dodge.

I thought all trucks had the ability to hide subwoofers under the rear seat. My apologies if this is not the case.

That's what I get for not reading the thread before I post.

I will be making a fiberglass box under the seat, so i should see at the very least .8cuft, most likely closer to 1cuft not including woofer displacement. Ill have to measure airspace after i finish it.

Looks like ill go with a 10" ICON or XCON, probably the D2 so i can run 1ohm at the amp right?Just have to find an amp that wont break the bank lol

huge bucket like compartments under those quad dodges

Not sure if you want to raise your back seat but it is the best option if you want the subs under the back seat ( IMO). I have had 2 dodge rams and I have done this myself.  I lifted the rear seat 1.25" with square hollow bar stock from lowes/ home depot. I was able to fit 1 12's under the back seat facing up. The box was on the small side for 12's but it played lower frequencies than the 10's I had. Just my 2 cents

Ill probably end up raising the seat a little bit like you did. I would probably never know the difderence between the 10" and 12", I would just hear boom boom boom. Lol

Ive been eyeballing the Precision Power PPI 1300.1 and 1800.1 depending on which Series sub i end up with(X, G, I). Seems to be a decent amp for the price from what i read on this forum. Its not a Sundown or what not, but would this be a good enough amp for one of these subs?

Ive been eyeballing the Precision Power PPI 1300.1 and 1800.1 depending on which Series sub i end up with(X, G, I). Seems to be a decent amp for the price from what i read on this forum. Its not a Sundown or what not, but would this be a good enough amp for one of these subs?

I'm beyond happy with my 1300.

And my 800.4 for that matter.

Thanks for the feedback, seems to be the general consensus about them.

I think im just going to keep an eye out in the classifieds for a good deal on a sub. And the Amp is only $180 new IIRC.

I'm at the airport leaving town right now, using my phone for internet which is a PITA.

Is there a good place on here to read about fiberglass boxes? I can fiberglass pretty good, jw about how thick it should be. Or any other pointers.

Follow the pics I posted.

You will only need 4 layers of 2 ounce mat. It'll be about 3/16 thick.

Once you get a build log going I can help you through the process.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I needed. It might be a little while before the build. But I like to get everything in order before I begin sonething.

Somebody needs to convince Julian to sell me a single sub! He's selling them by the pair :(

Guess I'm going to go ahead and order the Precision Power 1300.1 unless anyone suggest something else in a similar price range.

Thought I put it in the first post, but I'm not looking to spend more than $150 per sub. Its going in my pick up.

So... DCON's it is.

National back order

And? I'd rather wait for DCON's than go buy a Kicker.

lol

I love ssa and their subs, but comments like this and the way you guys hate "mainstream" brands is petty. 

Thought I put it in the first post, but I'm not looking to spend more than $150 per sub. Its going in my pick up.

So... DCON's it is.
National back order
lol

I love ssa and their subs, but comments like this and the way you guys hate "mainstream" brands is petty.

Well.. Kicker subs are poorly made in my opinion, and a lot of other people think the same thing, a lot of people think differently also. Depends on what you've experienced with them.

So... DCON's it is.

National back order

lol

I dunno man, I still like a lot of stuff Fosgate makes, besides their price point. There's actually a fair amount of "mainstream" brands that have some good stuff. Kicker to me just hasn't been one of them in 15 years.