crackinhedz

The wait is over! (sorta)

Well look what showed up on my doorstep today. Thank god I was home as its raining a lot and I never even received noticed it had shipped. (much less was even finished!)

I still have a few questions for Dustin which I e-mailed, but a few things still unknown is the internal volume and what frequency its tuned to? (I did request 32HZ)

Anyways, the long wait is over - almost...still waiting on the 15" Xcon to go inside (which has been about 33 business days and counting)

But here is the final look of the enclosure!

enclosure5_zps43a66ead.jpg

enclosure4_zpsbf826914.jpg

enclosure1_zps6d0c955b.jpg

Here is a photoshop of what the Xcon will look like inside. ninja.gif

subbox_zps951718ce.jpg

That's a nice looking sub box who built and how much did you pay for it? What size sub?

DC Creations built it, cost was $230?

Its for a 15" Xcon.

Box looks great, nice dog pic.

nice dog pic.

Thanks, was trying to give an idea of the overall size. I think for being a single 15" enclosure, to me its huge.

Unfortunately I still have no clue what overall volume and tuning this beast is...although I did ask for 32HZ and optimal ported volume...so... :)

Also, if you look closely into the bottom right corner of the pic you can see the ear of our cat that terrorizes my dog...he's got his eye on her because she attacks at random.

measure the outside.... width ... height.... and top depth and bottom depth..... we can assume 3/4" MDF .... so give us the info...

nice dog pic.

Thanks, was trying to give an idea of the overall size. I think for being a single 15" enclosure, to me its huge.

Unfortunately I still have no clue what overall volume and tuning this beast is...although I did ask for 32HZ and optimal ported volume...so... smile.png

measure the outside.... width ... height.... and top depth and bottom depth..... we can assume 3/4" MDF .... so give us the info...

sorry for the delay, been working this weekend...

W 40.5"

Top depth 11"

Bottom depth 21"

H 18"

Port length 12"

Port diameter 6" (opening)

The port was a little more difficult to measure exactly...but should be roughly accurate.

Nothing internally other than the port itself.

Would have been easier if they would have just given me this info...

Edited by crackinhedz

We get a high volume of emails, when we reply to emails indeed some times we do not get all questions answered. I do apologize for this, but I am human so errors are entirely possible.

Net volume is ~4.8

Tuning ~32

Edited by pro-rabbit

Awesome man!  Glad to see you finally got it.  When you get that Xcon running I might have to make a stop in VA to hear it!

Awesome man!  Glad to see you finally got it.  When you get that Xcon running I might have to make a stop in VA to hear it!

Yeah Terry, hopefully soon! Im still contemplating an alternator upgrade, as I think Im pushing my limits...but that will be another day.

Come on through Central VA, not much where I am but I found an interesting car audio club over in Roanoke (1 hour west of me) that seems to hold some regular events...

Now we're talkin! rofl2.gif

Estimated for Tuesday, maybe I'll get lucky and it will be here Saturday.

image_zps628da64e.jpg

Edited by crackinhedz

Awesome man...make sure you post up some installed pics/vids when you get everything in!!

Ok, can I get some helpful tips on installing the sub into the enclosure.

What size/type screws?

I see people saying to use T nuts like found here:

http://www.silveradosierra.com/mobile-electronics/mounting-subwoofers-in-a-box-the-right-way-t774.html

Good idea?

Also Dustin the internal speaker wire connect is spade plug, but what would be ideal on the outside? Straight speaker wire or a banana plug?

Edited by crackinhedz

On the inside you can use a spade connector or solder to it. On the outside both of those are good options. Personally I like banna plug because it looks much cleaner. As for the driver, you can use just about any screw setup you like. If you dont plan on pulling the sub out alot then it wont make a huge difference in how it is mounted in most cases.

Nice enclosure, great home theater set up. Cool looking pup.

It looks nice....Sony HT op?

Nice enclosure, great home theater set up. Cool looking pup.

It looks nice....Sony HT op?
Panasonic plasma, Pioneer Elite receiver, Sony 3.1 speakers...and Thomas the Train table.

Heres a better pic:

33042_full.jpg

Nice in one of my rooms I have the same speakers with a Sony receiver plus two extra towers for a 5.1 with a 10" Sony sub. Sounds pretty damn good.

Nice in one of my rooms I have the same speakers with a Sony receiver plus two extra towers for a 5.1 with a 10" Sony sub. Sounds pretty damn good.

nice, I like these sonys as well...for a cheap ass speaker it gets the job done. I also have a sony 12" sub next to the couch, not seen in the pic. Definitely hits the low notes well.

Due to my living room layout, 3.1 channel is best for me unless one day I decide to go wih ceiling speakers...which I have contemplated many times. I just dont have the balls to cut into the roof of my house that I might not live in forever.

Looks like a sweet HT.  We do have a home audio forum too.  ;)

And on the Xcon....  thanx.gif milkshakeak7.gif doindadomodance.gif trink40.gif dancingsmilie.gif

Yeah Terry, hopefully soon! Im still contemplating an alternator upgrade, as I think Im pushing my limits...but that will be another day.

Come on through Central VA, not much where I am but I found an interesting car audio club over in Roanoke (1 hour west of me) that seems to hold some regular events...

I should be getting my box really soon from Dave, but I have everything ready to go just waiting on the box to start sealing off my trunk and put up my build log.  I think he said maybe a week or 2 at the most now.  I hear that there might be another show up here in Glen Burnie in July (again heard a rumor so don't quote me haha), so hopefully I will have everything playing by then.  I'll have to check that car audio club out.

UPS out for delivery!

Will take some pics when I get home from work...although its a rainy day probably wont go in the car till tomorrow unless it clears up.

Finally almost in there haha.  Bet your stoked man.  Enjoy it man and I can't wait to here it!