paulb34

18" zcon port area

I'm about to start a wall build in my 2000 plymouth neon with 2-18" zcons. They will have about 14cu net for the pair and I plan to tune low 30s. My question is how much port do these guys like? Normally I would use 14-16sq per cu but I've never used ssa before so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knows what these subs like. Thanks for any help.

Sencheezy had around 130 for one SSA evil 18 if that helps you out any. Zcon is the next line down

I don't need a port area calculator..I know how to figure port area. I'm looking for people with experience using 18" zcons to see what they have found the subs like.

I don't need a port area calculator..I know how to figure port area. I'm looking for people with experience using 18" zcons to see what they have found the subs like.

You should have paid more attention to the calculator.

How do you figure out port area? Just judging by your statement "14-16 per cu" I'm willing to bit that it isn't accurate.

I used ~85 square inches total for my 15 tuned to 34, and it performed well.

its all subjective tho.. i say this because there are twins here in texas that hold plenty of records  in usaci SPL and they run tiny ports compared to the "rules of thumb" system

Just remember, there is no correlation between box volume and port area, another myth...

If you knew how to calculate port area, then you wouldn't have referenced the "sq in per cubic foot" nonsense.