rustydawwg

Anyone ever heard one of these?

http://www.emfcaraudio.com/emf-audio-ermagerd-18-dual1/

Looks like a sundown based company, anyone ever heard these? Another thing it has 50mm xmax, almost like re xxx series, so i'm guessing the response would not be as great compared to smd/evil series? I'm just a curious george about speakers! I searched around here I'm suprised nothing showed up about them.

nothing like that XXX ... not even in the same ball park... this is closest to the sundown Z4 .. but with more motor force, and a higher RMS rating....

too much sub for most people to be honest... its a over the top sub made for the few who run some of the best SPL woofers on the planet and want MOREEE!!!

its pretty much a cock contest...... IMO...

I honestly don't think anyone has heard it yet outside of the designers. Could be wrong though.

It's a Sean Belanger project. That's enough reason for me to stay away from it.

There are a couple vids of it playing on Youtube. A thread about it over on **** though.

Pretty sure there's a thread on here about those already, from not that long ago.

They are no where near linear at 50mm. The softparts are only linear to 30mm.

And if the coil is long enough for 50mm excursion there would only be about 1/4-1/2 inch before the coil slammed into the backplate. Assuming there are 4 one inch thick slugs being used.

Edited by Quentin Jarrell

i loldz

Continuous power: 6500 watts RMS
Peak power: Come at me bro!

There is a trade from surround and suspension. That may do that for x amount of time but most likely will not last long. But one thing is for sure that company is not making waves in the respective industry. And it doesn't matter what you buy or have, it all comes down to the install.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

So basically the extra 20mm of xmax is there for bragging or what? I would think it would have some sort of adverse effect but from what you guys are saying it's redundant/useless. I was just curious if it provided more decibels at lower frequencies but I guess thats not that case.

http://stereointegrity.com/forums/si-products/1310-new-stereo-integrity-24-subwoofer.html

I also happened to stumble upon this also which again got my attention. Just like the other subwoofer's extreme xmax I'm not sure why you would need 24" of cone area, I thought the 21's ive heard in clubs were pretty crazy to begin with.

No, there is no extra xmax. The driver is advertised as 50mm one way linear. The industry standard for a subwoofer being linear is when the sub reaches 70% of its original BL or when the suspension reaches 50% of its original compliance. Ideally you want the two to be matched through out the cone movement. If not the first if the two to reach these limits dictates xmax. Those softparts are the same as the Sundown ones. Jacob has listed Klippel results of these parts on another site and they hit 50% conpliance at ~30mm one way. Therefore it is impossible for them to be linear past this point. The cone may move more than this but it is not linear.