Sign in to follow this  
onebadmonte

Mobile Toys IASCA SQ Show 2013 PICS!

Damn! It was a good show. It was awesome chatting it up with all you guys. No trophies for me. :/ I was bestowed the honorary "Rocked the fhawk out" by the Oklahoma crew. They don't call them guys OK for nothing. biggrin.png Thanks fellas. I did get some great tuning tips from one of the Houston Boys, Chad. Awesome dude, thanks for the tips. Well I'm gonna try to keep this thread alive by posting some pics. So here goes. tongue.png

01_zps2d424549.jpg
Chad's (southside) Acura out to dominate the world of SQ

02_zps7866589e.jpg
Nice and clean trunk install. I didn't get a chance to listen this time around, but there is no doubt this is one nice sounding car.

03_zpsa3a0e5d8.jpg
I came across this sinister Tundra done up by the crew at Mobile Toys.

04_zpsf6b26023.jpg
A modest stock appearing interior, see if you can spot all the tricks. biggrin.png

05_zpse03a5bc8.jpg
Great use of space. No demo of this one though. sad.png I should've asked for one, prolly would of gotten it too. tongue.png

06_zps2516c4b3.jpg
Up next was a very modest commuter car. Owner, unknown. :|

07_zps0e0555b6.jpg
Some serious gear in the trunk.

08_zps247e7bd1.jpg
Another subtle interior install. Must make for a fun drive to work or the gym.

09_zps156391fe.jpg
I saw this at the show. Nice sombrerro muchacho.

10_zps6befe856.jpg
A combination of Definitive Audio Designs (DAD) subs and Mosconi Amps. Noice!

To be continued....

Then there was this:
11_zpscdf197b8.jpg
I got a chance to chat with the owner, Larry. Great guy, came all the way from Cali. O_o

12_zpsa1980bd4.jpg
Solid install.

13_zps8c2abb83.jpg
Great looking kick panels

14_zpsd221dea0.jpg
My favorite part, these classic looking subs. Pro-audio style ribbed cones and accordion surrounds, just gorgeous.

Along side the Merc, also from Cali, was this cute little Cruze packing quite an SQ
wallop.
15_zps220f0941.jpg

16_zpse7625ce1.jpg
Clean interior, executed razor sharp. I've got a long ways to go before I'm at this level.

17_zpsfac2c07e.jpg
Trunk install as good. Lighting controlled via iPhone, effing cool!

18_zps0b6cf5a3.jpg
Arc Audio PS-8 installed under the rear deck on a motorized panel that folds down. Brilliant!

19_zps25decd4a.jpg
Rare sighting of a unicorn at the show in the form of an unmolested Toyota Supra. I got to chat cars with the owner Brian, one of many Brians' at the show. biggrin.png I asked it how he's been able to resist the urge of modifying his Supra. His answer, "Ebay, looking at what stock Supras go for versus modded Supras. Its a no brainer." I guess this one wont go for cheap. biggrin.png Nice chatting.

20_zps89eafd2f.jpg
Stock, nuff said.

More on the way. smile.png

Damn I was about to post how awesome the Acura was as soon as I saw it, but Jesus they're all super clean. Some inspiration for sure.

Making the rounds at the show I came across James's beautiful blue GTO
21_zps7567823d.jpg

22_zps2a52f9dd.jpg
A little American muscle for all the enthusiast.

23_zps409eda55.jpg
Simple pods in the pillars for this Goat. On a side note how's everyone enjoying my JJ Abrams visual light effects. They were ultra annoying in TV show Fringe.JJ, if you're reading, cut it out. biggrin.png Back to the GTO

24_zps5990d32e.jpg
Handling the bottom octaves, a pair of AQ SD2.5s in a very clean DIY install.

Next to the Goat I found papaqueball's red Charger.
25_zps4e2f73f3.jpg

26_zps423d85f5.jpg
A 15" Alpine in an IB alignment works it's magic in the Charger.

27_zps3aa928da.jpg
Lookie, who came out to play.

28_zpsc8e4004c.jpg
Wicked sounding engine.

29_zps77bf1fdf.jpg
It's even got on board entertainment for the little ones. Not sure how well it works when it's tearing up the track at 160mph. Kids must be holding on to those controller  for dear life, is my guess. biggrin.png

30_zps61678ff8.jpg
A very off road capable Jeep belonging to one of the installers at Mobile Toys was also on display.

31_zps73e256c6.jpg
Cool little tweeter dash pods with mids in the stock location for this Jeep.

32_zpsd0ffb585.jpg
Killer box with some Mosconi amps.

biggrin.png

All the way from Phoenix Arizona, Don's (Buzzman) big bodied Benz. His co-pilot for the trip, Jose from L.A.
33_zps4fbbd351.jpg

34_zps02ff2205.jpg
8" mid-basses in the doors with 5-1/4" full range drivers in the kicks handling mid-range duties.

37_zps719361e9.jpg
A dreamy interior. The perfect interior to tear up  the west Texas I-10 desert at 95mph.

39_zps28b75aec.jpg
Custom a-pillar wave guides for ultra trick ceramic dome tweeters.

35_zps8859aecb.jpg
Sub duties performed by this custom Danish woofer. O_o Reminds me of that a/d/s 10 from a few years back.

36_zps3253750d.jpg
Amplification by Phass and Tru.

The Merc, is an awesome sounding car, a real treat to listen to. Thanks for the listening session Don. :D

40_zps642054f2.jpg
Also from California, this effing cool Charger.

41_zpsf93368e3.jpg

42_zpsee197fa1.jpg
A closer look reveals these awesome looking subs.

43_zpscb904e9b.jpg
Everything in the Charger is powered by these beautifully installed Zapco amps.

44_zpsd78f8dd3.jpg
This fun looking Mitsubishi made and appearance.

45_zps6ca610c6.jpg
Nice and tight a-pillars in this one. O_o

46_zpse4ff4e0b.jpg
The truck install was equally as tight. Are those AE subs I'm looking at?

47_zps8cc748cc.jpg
Wrapping up my show coverage is this inconspicuous little Civic.

48_zps4ddbb2ab.jpg
Got to love the trunk space these IB installs leave. I know for sure these are AE subs. In addition to the subs, each door houses a Faital Pro 10. The demo was intense, almost p'ed a little. :P

Thanks. See you all at the next show.

Thanks for the pics!

Thanks for the pics!

No problem bro. It was a great show, 41 cars competed. It was an SQ only show.

Wow, heavy hitters!! I would have definitely asked for a demo by Mark and Buzzman!!! The Ralliart with the AE's won World SQ is his class.

Alright now I am on my laptop....

All of the installs look great, hands-down. Although a majority of the sedan installs look the same, especially in the trunk. IB mounted subwoofers, amps in the spare tire well, nothing unique. Hopefully next weekend the judges see my install and see the "uniqueness" that most sedans do not have ;)

Alright now I am on my laptop....

All of the installs look great, hands-down. Although a majority of the sedan installs look the same, especially in the trunk. IB mounted subwoofers, amps in the spare tire well, nothing unique. Hopefully next weekend the judges see my install and see the "uniqueness" that most sedans do not have wink.png

I agree, you've seen one, you've seen them all, but how well do they sound? That's what separates the wieners from the rest of us. :P

"A modest stock appearing interior, see if you can spot all the tricks. biggrin.png"

Is that a Tundra with a Lexus badged steering wheel??

I noticed the MS8 controller and the iPhone dock...any other goodies hiding? ...its a dark photo!

"A modest stock appearing interior, see if you can spot all the tricks. biggrin.png"

Is that a Tundra with a Lexus badged steering wheel??

I noticed the MS8 controller and the iPhone dock...any other goodies hiding? ...its a dark photo!

The steering wheel was the main one. There is also and up-firing center channel speaker in the dash above the sat/nav unit and some flush mounted tweeters in the a-pillars. :D

where was this event held?

Id love to attend an SQ meet one day!     wackit2.gif

where was this event held?

Id love to attend an SQ meet one day!     wackit2.gif

Opps, I knew I forgot something. :D It was in College Station, Texas.

Awesome Rides !!! Thank you for sharing !!! Can't wait until I can get my car in to shape so I can start competing again !!! Hope to see you in Huntsville, Al in October !!!

awesome photos man!!! thanks for sharing.... need something like this in the North East .... fcking A!!!!