Sign in to follow this  
Mike1982

Question about mailing in a recone

Hi there ssa,

I would like to know if I had 2 ssa xcon motors & purchased 2 recone kits with 2 12" baskets what would the total cost be including shipping & everything. Do I just buy everything in the store & wait for the shipping info to send them in? What would the wait time be if I were to send in the motors to have them built up & reconed into subs. 

My zip code is 40299

Thanks for your help

Go to the store it says everything you need to know when you are in the section for xcon recones. Proceed to the checkout and it'll tell you shipping. Not to sure how long it would take if you ship the motors in but there's tons of videos that show how to recone a sub. It'll save you quite a bit of money.

~408 plus shipping to SSA. Doing it yourself will really save you some money.

Looks like the guys beat me too it. ;)

Reconing just takes some patience and a little know how that is easily found on YouTube or even here.

ok thanks everyone for your help, I saw some motors for sale & was thinking about doing this but they have sold already. I have seen some videos on reconing & it doesnt seem to difficult for me to do seems like centering the coil would be the hardest part & making sure everything inside is clean. probably wouldn't be a bad idea to practice an old cheapy.