Mark LaFountain

EVIL Tahoe | Mark's SSA DEMO MACHINE **new pics p8**

Lookin good. Definitely a sucker for the Chevy CK's.

Good to see you guys made it back ok.

I made it back fine.  Left around 530pm back home.

Me and Dave(dbsupra) is gettin my alarm system installed tomorrow and removing his headliner at my place so we can locate and fix ALL roof brace detachments from the roof itself while the alarm gets installed.

He/We will be formulating a plan to completely redesign the roof interior customly so it can be used for anything he wants to do.

Edited by shizzzon

Diggin the front end

man them rims are whack!!! haha  i know things take time. cant wait to see it finished up!

I have officially owned this truck for one week.  Going as fast I can  lols.

What is wrong with using stock wheels and using the money for the sound system?

Nothing at all, I just want it to look a little better then that...

Off road tires or low prow tires?  Either way would look sweet. 

I personally don't care for giant rims. Nor do I care for giant tires. It's about finding the right fit and to me it was some 17" stocks with wider tire from a newer 2007 model. I'll grab pics shortly. Of course we all have our opinions, and the only real set of rims I wouldn't mind having are black with chrome ring offset in xd or rocks tars.

I think i have found my wheels!

I have to upgrade my wheels to a larger wheel to support the Payload capacity i am about to dump into this vehicle.

Note- Stock 16" wheels are amateur in terms of the payload i require, :)  and that's a physical fact.. 

Looks like i'll be gettin some Enkei 18s on 235/45s.  They are blacked out with red accents on the outer part of the wheel.

They also come with chrome inserts if you didn't like red.

I personally don't care for giant rims. Nor do I care for giant tires. It's about finding the right fit and to me it was some 17" stocks with wider tire from a newer 2007 model. I'll grab pics shortly. Of course we all have our opinions, and the only real set of rims I wouldn't mind having are black with chrome ring offset in xd or rocks tars.

Mine for reference. Forgive it being dirty.

IMG_20130617_150250_zpsb3ca2cc7.jpg

I think i have found my wheels!

I have to upgrade my wheels to a larger wheel to support the Payload capacity i am about to dump into this vehicle.

Note- Stock 16" wheels are amateur in terms of the payload i require, :) and that's a physical fact..

Looks like i'll be gettin some Enkei 18s on 235/45s. They are blacked out with red accents on the outer part of the wheel.

They also come with chrome inserts if you didn't like red.

Well given the color of your ride I dunno if red would be a choice color. Perhaps turquoise or whale blubber ^_^

nadcicle, it looks good.  However, I think it need those white letter tires to really set it off!!!

Truck looks great mark.

I love the goodyear dt also. Have them on my LC and by far the most road friendly aggressive tire I've owned.

nadcicle, it looks good.  However, I think it need those white letter tires to really set it off!!!

They are white lettering. It's just that dirty at the moment. :(

Goodyear Wrangler 10-ply

I went cheap & easy with 15" black cragar soft 8's on some 31x10.5 tires. It's clean & aggressive without drawing the attention of big chrome wheels.

Ok guys, the fun has began. I have decided, while I wait to accumulate all the equipment for a 4th order wall and my goal of 160 on music, I am going to build a "temporary" system.

The "temporary" system will be

1 x Head Unit to be determined
2 x EVIL 15" D2's
2 x MTX TE4000D
2 x MTX TE1004
1 x XS Power D3400 (under the hood)
4 x XS Power XP3000 (in the back)
1 x Mechman 270 Amp Alternator
Alot of 2/0 AWG Power Wire.

Dylan designed my enclosure as always, and I built it. Here are the enclosure pics so far...

1006227_634129033266304_510943992_n.jpg

did i miss how many cubes and tuning?

Box came out great

Beautiful work man!

LOVE IT! its coming together very well Mark. I really like how you tied in the corners on the enclosure, I might have to steal that design from you for my next build! I'm really looking forward to this, but may I ask why MTX amps when you sell some extremely capable amps in your store?

LOVE IT! its coming together very well Mark. I really like how you tied in the corners on the enclosure, I might have to steal that design from you for my next build! I'm really looking forward to this, but may I ask why MTX amps when you sell some extremely capable amps in your store?

This is a great question. I have them laying Round from build I did years ago and this is just temporary, I plan on 4 bc5500's or 2 IA 80.1's when I do the big build. Still unsure, and since it will take a while to get all the equipment together, I thought I would put this set up in here for a local charity show in two weeks.

This is a great question. I have them laying Round from build I did years ago and this is just temporary, I plan on 4 bc5500's or 2 IA 80.1's when I do the big build. Still unsure, and since it will take a while to get all the equipment together, I thought I would put this set up in here for a local charity show in two weeks.

oh yeah, I remember that now! I think the IA 80.1's would be a great choice imo. Either way, I'm subbed.