MadRass

12 RE SE VS 12 RL-p

In a 1.5^3 sealed box with about 700 watts going to each sub which one one do you think will be louder SE or RL-p. Which would have Better SQ?

sq easily to the rl-p....

spl, that'll be close. the se isn't a slouch. neither is the rl-p. i dunno..lol..

overall better choice? rl-p...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Once i put my Rl-p in the similar box size with only 500rms, it really rocks, just a bit peaky though.

spl, that'll be close. the se isn't a slouch. neither is the rl-p. i dunno..lol..

I think you have thoes backwards. :lol2:

Because if the Rl-p is in the running leauges with the SE as far as output, then my preception that it's runner up competition for the old brahmas and XXX's and Avalanches as far as output is off.

SE is loud, dont get me wrong, thoes drivers are just louder. Also, SE's are very clean, compareable to my avalanche. which is XBL equipted so there for is must rule all :runlaugh:

I think you have thoes backwards. :lol2:

Because if the Rl-p is in the running leauges with the SE as far as output, then my preception that it's runner up competition for the old brahmas and XXX's and Avalanches as far as output is off.

SE is loud, dont get me wrong, thoes drivers are just louder. Also, SE's are very clean, compareable to my avalanche. which is XBL equipted so there for is must rule all :runlaugh:

nope. the rl-p is one clean ass sounding, get loud sumbitch! h2h with an old xxx, both ported and sealed, it sounded better then the xxx while running with it for output. overall, the xxx was the one with the potential to get louder due to the fact it will handle more power, but as far as sq goes, easily the rl-p. as my wife put it, " the rl-p shakes the car to death and still hits you in the chest. the other one (xxx) gets loud, and that's it. it doesn't shake the car at all." same amp, same box, same power.

nah, the rl-p is just one of those "everything came together real nice" type of packages...lol....

don't forget to toss in mike, and you have the complete package.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That sounds yummy...makes me think about the next upgrade to amanda's system. Rl-p 15 3cuft@28Hz

That sounds yummy...makes me think about the next upgrade to amanda's system. Rl-p 15 3cuft@28Hz

throw between 750-1000wrms at it..and man, that'll be sick!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

this thread is making my mouth watter for my next system. i want my rl-ps soo bad. and that usamps md2 from flakko whould go very nicely with it. :faintthud:

Edited by jearhart

THnx guys I ended up getting the RL-p's.. ohh yeah... they quake.... only in about 1 cube each though. But now I have another question. The box I have is 2 chambers 1 cube each. What would be the difference in sq and spl if I were to remove the board in the middle that separates the 2 chambers? Basically im just turning it into a single 2 cube enclosure with both subs still in it. thnx

Removing the center board, depending on its thickness, will only afford you a slight boost in effective internal volume. However, given that you are kinda on the tight side for the RL-p12 driver (I'd like to see at least 1.15 cu ft net volume per driver), it may be an option worth considering; provided that the box is built solid enough to maintain structural integrity while not flexing wildly on the then unbraced portions of the enclosure walls. Increasing the effective volume of your sealed enclosure will help to increase overall output, particularly at the low-end of the response. But of course, this increase will be proportional to how much you can actually increase the volume by removing the board in question. If you haven't already, you might also (or instead) try adding anywhere from 0.3 - 1.25 lb of polyfill per cubic foot - which can also aid in increasing output.

instead of completely removing the board, remove just eh center section, say within an inch all the way around. in that way you increase volume (a smidge), don't affect structral integrity as much and you can still ahd the polyfill mike suggested. i think you'll enjoy the return!!

the rl-p, iME, loves 1.25ft^3 sealed, absloutely loves it!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

rl-ps soo bad. and that usamps md2 from flakko whould go very nicely with it. :faintthud:

:+1::+1:

All depends on installation, but personally I wouldn't run the SE no way, no how. The Rlp is a much nicer driver IMO.