Mike1982

Time for new subs what to get??

Depends on what 10s you use. If its 3 x icons/xcons I would say no but something like 3 sa10s could fit but I would watch the gain with that amp. I would do 2 Xcon 10s.

You will find out that trying to squeeze more/bigger subs into a box that really isn't optimal than having less/smaller in the best box you can have is going to suck!! You will perform much better with the better enclosure.

Edited by Bassink

I have 2 skar vvx 12s right now & I am now considering dropping  down to 2 10s I so I could have some flexibility . You think there would be much loss from dropping from 12's to 10's

2 vvx 12s or 2 icon/Xcon 10s (if those are what your going to)? Hahahaha I'd take 1 10 over those vvxs!! Trust me it's going to be night and day difference with 2 10s in a proper box. You will love it!

I got one more for you & thats it I am not trying to bug the shit out of you. The dimensions i gave you earlier for my current box could I put some 10's in that box temporarily or is that a bad idea. I would like to thank  you for taking the time to answer my questions & this has changed my whole outlook on what I want do with my setup & maybe I can get it to a point to where I am happy with it.

I had 3 10inch JL w6's about 10 years ago in a mustang & that was pretty awesome that was on an mtx81000d too so I am pretty excited about changing it all up.

Don't worry about bugging me. I give my phone number out here all the time because I love helping people on ssa. You can pm me anytime about anything and ill try to help you as much as I can.

So back to your question? What subs do you want to get. That will determine if you can use it or not.

probably the xcons, those tantrics hdds look nice too.

Edited by Mike1982

I'd be Leary of any driver that doesn't have any posted specs or prices. Or they don't list specs bc they are custom built to order. Transducer design doesn't work that way.

The xcons might work ill have to see if the port area is okay. Ill let you know.

The xcons might work ill have to see if the port area is okay. Ill let you know.

Don't calculate with the published xmax. Calculate with 25mm which is the approximate coil overhang.

I think that I will probably go with the xcons maybe some sundowns matching equipment would be nice but the I am leaning in the direction of the xcon but budget determines a lot too. Its is just such a big investment & I just want to make sure I am buying the proper subs this time.

Don't calculate with the published xmax. Calculate with 25mm which is the approximate coil overhang.

Will do thank you.

I think that I will probably go with the xcons maybe some sundowns matching equipment would be nice but the I am leaning in the direction of the xcon but budget determines a lot too. Its is just such a big investment & I just want to make sure I am buying the proper subs this time.

These subs are supposedly great. I plan to get some xcons or icons soon! Depends on my budget but Im sure you wouldn't be disappointed with the xcons!

Never owned a xcon but I've heard a few. Great woofers.

However, one of my favorite woofers is the Fi Q. They sound fantastic and still get loud. I was metering a 144.x on the dash on a sundown 2k. Worth a look imo.

The fi q would probably be a little cheaper too more sub choices in the mix yea!!! There is no lack of options thats for sure

I loved my XCONs.

FYI.....   BL is the same price..... just sayin' .... but you have to factor in shipping costs...

The fi q would probably be a little cheaper too more sub choices in the mix yea!!! There is no lack of options thats for sure

I loved my XCONs.

And now I am loving your XCONS! ;)

I thimking about picking up some x-con 10's

seen some used ones on here that look decent

Edited by Mike1982

try and get a deal for 2 .... just sayin'

I thimking about picking up some x-con 10's
seen some used ones on here that look decent

Ok man I got the design for you. With your dimensions I came up with this:

Outer dims - 33w x 14.25h x 24.25d

Port dims - 12.75h x 4.75w x 38d

Double baffle

It came out to 3.4 cubes tuned to 32hz with 61in2 of port area.

If you want a 3d sketchup and a cut sheet let me know

that was cool of you I wasnt expecting you to do that. Thats just like the box I have now for my 12s.  What kind of air space would you recommend for ideally for the pair of tens. I will get some different measurements  to get a better fit than what I currently have. 

Here is my problem there is like a trunk bar that runs across the back of the trunk right around where the seats fold down. If I could clear that I could push the box all the way & have 5- 10inch of extra room6503_4568087894866_859443223_n.jpg

179707_4568087494856_477130794_n.jpg

1001843_4568087334852_1438210705_n.jpg

I guess also it depends on the orientation of the subs if they are facing the cabin  it would probably be better to have a little space in between the subs & the seats folded up the position of the port would be something to think about too. If I face them towards the trunk it would be nice to be able to push the box all the way back. I have only had the subs facing the rear but I have heard in most trunks thats the best way to do it. I am open to any suggestions & not set on anything just looking for the best sound I can get.

here is what it looks like right now

w1013715_4568175977068_1185137843_n.jpg

1001471_4568167376853_592618200_n.jpg

Edited by Mike1982