Mike1982

Time for new subs what to get??

<p>Nice but for the skar subs. I have used the sk-1500 amp and am very happy with it. Just didn't like the sound of the vvx subs.Get some ssa xcon subs in there.</p>

Edited by pmureika

I am gonna get some xcons I am switching to 2 10s space wise that seems to work out better for those subs. I need to find a better place for the batteries like in the spare tire well or something car looks like I'm hawling a full load of shine LOL they are weighing my trunk down.

Thats why I like my jeep Liberty it seems to take the added weight good.

You've been SKARRRRRED

I wasnt planning on getting 4 batteries but I got such a good deal on them plus they are all the same age & they are all alike it seemed stupid to pass up. I was gonna get 2 xs power d3100's but when i came across these for less than 1 3100 I couldn't pass on it  & thats how I ended up with 4 batteries

I know SKARRRRRED 4 life thats why  400+400=1000 LOL

He markets his shit to the newbies.

these vvx 12s are not bad subs they are taking my saz3500 but I don't know for how long & I figured I could have something that just sounds better than what I have.

Edited by Mike1982

The box design i did would work great for the Xcon 10s. It's the amount of space and port area that the Xcon 10s need so it's like perfect. I would just keep the same setup style you have.

the main goal with a new box that I would like is to maybe a wedge to have the angle of the top & back of the box to clear the trunk brace maybe something like this one in the pic. But this is just an idea I would like.  I have the tools to build a box accept for a table saw I have a circular saw but I find it hard to make straight cuts with it I am pretty handy but have never tackled a box before i usually pay to have them done.

525820_10151207051587180_1221062817_n.jp

Edited by Mike1982

With the dimensions you stated in the first post will work good with the Xcon 10s. I don't see why you would need to do that

With 33W x 14.24H x  24.25D you can get  4.5 cubes net 34hz tune with a 8" x 20" flared aeroport, more than enough for 2 12's.

I loved my XCONs.

And now I am loving your XCONS! wink.png

Sweet!

That seems to make sense i think the gross internal volume is like 5.29 cu²

this is something to I will have to marinate on this but i am still kind of leaning in the direction of 10s ,3 10's would be sweet. I hate losing cone area but having some extra room would be nice but I really don't need the extra room for anything accept for my batteries & I guess flexibility with box sizes

Three tens sealed?

& of course a pair of havoc 12s are 4 sale.

If I buy the xcon 10s & its not what I am looking for I can always recone to 12s

I believe you'll need a new basket as well to do so...

If I buy the xcon 10s & its not what I am looking for I can always recone to 12s

I may get some tighter bass out of 10s too

sigh.gif

Absolutely not.  Cone diameter has absolutely nothing to do with the "tightness" of the bass.

Tweeters have the tightest bass.