Shogen

No photos.... some help

So some of you advanced users may know... or maybe even the amateurs too ... I'm trying to dig through my photos to see the metadata of them .. Basically I'm looking to find the most common focal length I happen to use my 16-80mm lens ... I want a prime and they are not so expensive but I'm torn between 35mm and 50mm which are both 1.8... On my camera those lens translate into roughly 52mm and 75mm since it's a cropped sensor. NOW .. understanding that, would it be better to use the 35mm as a go to lens for indoor shooting and nice close-ups because of the bokeh affect those lenses posses ... From what I've read the Sony 50mm 1.8 lens is apparently sharper than the 35mm although nothing specific was shown to prove this..

Some help from you guys would be great... What programs can search your photos for data in that manner?

You can download Lightroom for a 30 day trial. It'll show on each ones you click on

I posted more. Pics in my thread. I use my 50mm prime for indoor shots, pictures of people, and low light. Situation. The 50mm 1.8 is extremely. Sharp for the price I would highly suggest it, since you have a Sony camera I would browse dyxum and compare the reviews and sample images. I paid around 160 new from b&h photo with two day shipping. You can get them used for around. 130ish on ebay

50mm is a little tough on a crop sensor, I always want something wider when I use mine. If Sony has a good 35mm you might have to step closer which is possible. Further isn't regularly

This is exactly why I really was leaning towards the 35mm ... Knowing I can't always "pull back" in certain situations but I can almost always walk up closer to a subject if need be

50mm is a little tough on a crop sensor, I always want something wider when I use mine. If Sony has a good 35mm you might have to step closer which is possible. Further isn't regularly

I saw that.... they look great man... The 35mm will give me a range of 50mm on the camera sooooo yea, I think I'll be going with that.... Now to find one used....hmmm

I posted more. Pics in my thread. I use my 50mm prime for indoor shots, pictures of people, and low light. Situation. The 50mm 1.8 is extremely. Sharp for the price I would highly suggest it, since you have a Sony camera I would browse dyxum and compare the reviews and sample images. I paid around 160 new from b&h photo with two day shipping. You can get them used for around. 130ish on ebay

Yeah the 35mm is around 200$ new from b&h

I'd go to a National Camera and walk around the store with your camera (or comparable) and see the reach. I am actually looking at upgrading mine to a zoom (have a nifty 50 1.4) since I am always in the realm of wanting more or less reach. The low stop also while useful indoors kills your FOV which on people sometimes is a detriment. I bought it 2 days before our first son was born. I have pictures of him in the hospital where one eye is in great focus. A ton as well where his ears aren't in focus.

Having the speed is nice when you need it, but sometimes versatility wins too. Of course to get a zoom of similar quality you are into $1500+ new.

I studied photography for several years in school (was in gifted visual arts for 10 years) and learned how to develop negatives, b&w, and color. I've forgot more than 50 percent of what I learned. But I just prefer to let the Nikon do its thing and use active matrix focusing rather than having to wiry about F stop. I find it more enjoyable for me than to have to worry about technical details when I'm out and about.

I studied photography for several years in school (was in gifted visual arts for 10 years) and learned how to develop negatives, b&w, and color. I've forgot more than 50 percent of what I learned. But I just prefer to let the Nikon do its thing and use active matrix focusing rather than having to wiry about F stop. I find it more enjoyable for me than to have to worry about technical details when I'm out and about.

Kiss detail goodbye on landscape shots then. I just shot a ton of pictures that are soft where I wouldn't want them to be. sad.png

Currently my lens of choice is a Carl Zeiss 16-80 .... its a great lens and I rarely ever pull out my 70-210mm zoom lens but I wanted something better for indoors so I don't need the flash so often.

Kiss detail goodbye on landscape shots then. I just shot a ton of pictures that are soft where I wouldn't want them to be. sad.png

That's the good thing about newer cameras. You can manually adjust metering and focal points while shooting