Tirefryr

'05 TB build

Here's the start. Already did the front stage, which consisted of Coustic DR 7 inchers and Aura tweets. Didn't snap any pics though; they're just stuck in the stock placement.

Built the sub enclosure today. Have to go to the dealership Monday and get the appropriate vinyl dye.

picture0329ng.jpg

picture0332it.jpg

picture0341vh.jpg

picture0358so.jpg

picture0364kc.jpg

Enclosure is .287 cubes sealed. Driver is an MCM 55-2421, commonly referred to as the Tang-Band clone. They are really similar, except the MCM is about $15 cheaper. Nice little driver.

I must say, this is by far the easiest vehicle I have worked on to date. It seems as if GM had designed the vehicle around my system design. Everything just has it's own little place. I love it.

would be an awesome idea for the wife's TB, but the factory amp is in that freakin quarter.

looks sweet as hell though bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Nice, can't even tell its in there. I love the stealth installs.

very clean work!

Kent, have you taken the cover off the tailgate? I showed this to another friend who has the same vehicle and he was really interested in it, but was looking for a little more than a single 8. My next venture will be to remove the tailgate panel and see how much room is in there and how feasible it will be for an enclosure.

Kent, have you taken the cover off the tailgate?  I showed this to another friend who has the same vehicle and he was really interested in it, but was looking for a little more than a single 8.  My next venture will be to remove the tailgate panel and see how much room is in there and how feasible it will be for an enclosure.

nope, not yet, but it's worth a shot. and a ported single 8 should be plenty of loud..lol

but i wonder if a 12 sealed would work in the tailgate. the only issue would be the added weight on the struts that keep the gate open.

but i shall look. let me know if you do it first..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well, I just got a phone call today and the dummy went and bought a pair of 12W6v2s. I designed the entire system around stealth and low power as he only bought the truck cuz he just had a child and didn't want anything outrageous. So much for that. Guess we'll see that that tailgate looks like.

Looks awesome Ryan!!