SMpaintball78

how many watts could i run off this

whats up guys? long time no talk!  anyways im looking to start back into car audio. first things first... alternator. my stock alternator is 110amp factory with 2 regular car batteries up front (because its a diesel for those who dont know) so my question is, if i keep my stock 110amp alt, 2 regular batteries up fornt and say 1 c&d 75ah battery in back with the big 3 done and all 0 gauge wiring, how many watts do you all think i could run safely? im running a audiopipe 1000 right now on my 2 sa8v2s and i have no light dimming or anything. whats yalls thoughts on this?

Also, heres a short video today i threw together of me and my "dancing boost gauge" and caseys zcon 12s puttin in some work.. also rollin some coal at the end for all the haters ;)

Enjoy!

P.S.. please ignore the music in between videos!

Wattage depends on many things. Here is a formula that may help.

W=V*A

And don't forget about efficiency.

probably not the best or safest idea to be turned around taking a video while you're driving...  Should probably be putting your attention on what's in front of you perhaps.

probably not the best or safest idea to be turned around taking a video while you're driving...  Should probably be putting your attention on what's in front of you perhaps.

i just turned the camera around.. not my attention off the road lol

the red top under the hood is just a starting battery and does not provide accessory power however works together with your other battery.  I would make them all in the same.  XS Powers smallest battery can start a diesel with no problems.  I would upgrade  your wiring and go from there.

what red top? lol and i checked, my stock alt. is 110amps. i wanted to keep my stock batteries up front for now. thats why i asked what does everyone think i could run power wise and be ok with 0 gauge and 1 c&d 75ah in the back.

Some nice zcons right there :)

^^ haha wonder whos they are???