Sign in to follow this  
disturbeddrummer254

how can i get louder

Im currently running 2 18s on about 2000w rms each. I know most would put both in the same box but i built separate boxes. the boxes are bolted together and then I have it in a wall config.  According to Turros box calculator I have about 6cuft each and the port is tuned to about 32hz...what can I do to get louder if anything.

Also I don't think the soundstream amps are putting out 2000w rms. would a more efficient amp help too. maybe an better amp with about the same rms power as the subs (1800w rms) not to risk blowing my subs....

advice please

double cone area

or

double power

make sure the box in optimal

also if your just chasing numbers you could build a burp box that will probably sound like crap on music, but you could just keep playing a 40hz tone while driving lol

I know you said wall config but what about orientation of the subs and ports? For that matter what make/model of subs and amp? 

If you aren't loud with two 18's on 4k something is wrong, unless you're just looking for higher numbers.

what is considered loud though?

this past weekend has me wondering lol.

what is considered loud though?

this past weekend has me wondering lol.

Very true haha, but you shouldn't be able to listen to two 18's on 4k for too long without getting very uncomfortable. But hey everyone has their own goals.

nadcicle....im running 2 PSI platform 2 18s 1800w rms per. on 1  Soundstream tx1.2000d each. 3 xs power batteries, 250amp alt. Wall built in a 98 GMC ext truck..ports and subs forward of course. ive been told its loud but I think over the past few moths since install I think im going def...maybe it just doesn't sound as loud as I was for that reason haaa

nadcicle....im running 2 PSI platform 2 18s 1800w rms per. on 1  Soundstream tx1.2000d each. 3 xs power batteries, 250amp alt. Wall built in a 98 GMC ext truck..ports and subs forward of course. ive been told its loud but I think over the past few moths since install I think im going def...maybe it just doesn't sound as loud as I was for that reason haaa

Do you have a picture of it?

yea in my phone

Well send me your phone, or you can just post a pic ;)

Port area sucks...you need a new enclosure.

ok. when I built it the calculator said that size would be 32hz or so. i can take the wall down easy and change the port are. what do you suggest?

ok. when I built it the calculator said that size would be 32hz or so. i can take the wall down easy and change the port are. what do you suggest?

A lot more port area. How much do you currently have?

no sure the ports are 5h 9w 14 deep....for 6cuft it would be 32hz or so..PSI said 32 was good for daily

turros said

Edited by disturbeddrummer254

for 6 cuft box it said this was 32hz or so..good for daily... is this not right?

Area is the size of the opening. In your case 5X9=45 square inches each port for a total of 90. You should ha at LEAST twice that much.

for 6 cuft box it said this was 32hz or so..good for daily... is this not right?

32hz is fine, but your port needs to be bigger and longer.

if I make the port bigger wouldn't it change the tuning?

32hz is fine, but your port needs to be bigger and longer.

Basically you need a new enclosure.

yea that port area is small ass cat balls. lol

IMG_1868_zps63704592.jpg

2 18's in 7cu boxes tuned to 32

specs in the fi cut sheet thread, but i moved the port to the rear

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/44518-btl-box-cut-sheets/

Edited by djjdnap

so basically im choking the subs...damnn lol

Edited by disturbeddrummer254

so basically im choking the subs...damnn lol

The good part is that a new enclosure is much cheaper than more amps, batteries, and subs.