Sign in to follow this  
disturbeddrummer254

how can i get louder

NAP...what the demintions on the ports

You can't just change the port, or your tuning/volume won't be right.

i think i can still use the boxes but make the ports bigger but with 6cuft it will bring my tuning up with a bigger port right

i think i can still use the boxes but make the ports bigger but with 6cuft it will bring my tuning up with a bigger port right

If you make the ports as big as they should be it is going to take up a lot of volume inside of the enclosure, and most likely will not yield very good results. Post the dimensions of the enclosure and I can tell you for sure. 

Your ports are to close to the hatch. That doesn't help let the airflow very well!

i was just messing with torres and if i give myself about double the port are..from .45 to .90 or so..it will lower the cuft from 6.01 to 5.61..and bring my tuning from 32 to 37

true true..

i was just showing how big they were gayhaaay1.gif

80% Enclosure, 20% Equipment. You REALLY need to just start all over with the box. I have 130cuin of port for ONE 18". 

i was just messing with torres and if i give myself about double the port are..from .45 to .90 or so..it will lower the cuft from 6.01 to 5.61..and bring my tuning from 32 to 37

Post a screenshot.

That's a bit better, but not ideal. It's super easy and cheap to try, so I'd say to try it out and go from there.

Going from .52 to about 1.00 ft3 of port area. It is bring my tuning from 31 to 37 htz. Length is going from 15 to 18 inches total. Should let the subs breath a lil more. Im gonna try this before I rebuild the whole thing.

post-32894-0-80586300-1372652025_thumb.j

post-32894-0-46776100-1372652059_thumb.j

post-32894-0-34544000-1372652125_thumb.j

Edited by disturbeddrummer254

^^^cant bring myself to understand how to build port like that. But that's just me.

Well put it all back together and it sounds horrible. Im gonna have to tear it apart again n build a whole new box.