shadowm891

sa-8 in 350z ?

has anyone ever heard just one of these subs in a 350z. i'm thinking about running one off a jl audio 300/2 amp at 2 ohm in my 08 350z.

i have 2 of these in my 350z.  struggling with frequency though.  not enough room for box or air space. Thinking of going with a sealed box.

i had a single JL 12W7 first it was way worse, of course.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/574003-help-ported-box.html

i have 2 of these in my 350z.  struggling with frequency though.  not enough room for box or air space. Thinking of going with a sealed box.

i had a single JL 12W7 first it was way worse, of course.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/574003-help-ported-box.html

the SA-8s will not work well in a sealed box. dont do it!

i figure 2 8's would be way to much for a 350z that is why i figure i go with 1 8 but not sure if it be a good ideal ?

The SA-10s are the same price, aren't they?  Just do that and put it in an appropriate box.

what size box u think would be great for my 350z ? ill be tuning it around 33-35hz. ill be putting about 500 rms to it.

Edited by john k

Box is sub-dependent; your car just presents you with limitations.

so with the limit amount of space i have to work with u think i could run 1 sa 10 in my car with 500 watts ?. 26 1/2" w x 20 1/2" d x 9 1/2" h

so with the limit amount of space i have to work with u think i could run 1 sa 10 in my car with 500 watts ?. 26 1/2" w x 20 1/2" d x 9 1/2" h

Yes

well that is good news then smile.png how big of a box could i build ?

26 1/2" w x 20 1/2" d x 9 1/2 Haha

Which equals 2.2 before displacements.

Tuning low, with port area, in a small box is a waste...and what you are stuck with when using a single 8". 

Tuning low, with port area, in a small box is a waste...and what you are stuck with when using a single 8". 

I'm sorry but i don't think i understand what you are trying to tell me here

I'm sorry but i don't think i understand what you are trying to tell me here

Say no to the ported 8" sub idea.

Edited by ricksi30

Your port will take up more space than the net space of your box. 

ie, choose differently

I figure I will go with a single 10 I will just need to figure out what size of a box I will need to build for the sub :).

You could do a decent sized sealed box and stuff it with polyfil.  I'm doing a sealed box, currently.  Should be much better than any stock sub I've ever heard, and loud in your small car.

^^ yeah, one ten. 

Holy crap, I had no idea you were talking about the box I was building!  ...Mine's for a fifteen.  I was saying your ten in a sealed should get loud in your small car.  Upon rereading, I see where my sentence is awful. lol