Quentin Jarrell

2010 civic sedan daily drive

Did I miss it somewhere I thought you where going with the Dayton rs150,125, & 28f???

Went with better drivers.

Curious why you are porting the midrange ? Do you need to extend their low end to mate with the midbass ?

Guessing those midbass are the underhung TB's. Never realized how massive that motor structure was.

With the midbass off axis I want to limit their upper band with as much as possible.

Yea they are undergoing with a copper pole cap. They weigh a good 7 lbs

Yep, huge!  Can't wait to see them installed.

Very nice looking drivers. Let me know when they get installed and I will try and make a trip that way !!!

There should be a spot open in my dad's body shop for my 49 Ford Finally so I should be making alot more trips down that way soon.

Edited by Randal Johnson

Hoping to have it finished by the end if summer. I'm expecting the front stage to take me 200-300 hrs to complete. The box is just about finished. Gotta figure out what to do about processing. Really wanna run two Rane EQ's but undecided.

Really wanna run two Rane EQ's but undecided.

Do you have them ??

Yea two I wanna say 60's from Korey Himmels "packed rat"

Nice. I take it that you are planing a 3 way active here.

I'm just trying to figure out if you plan to ??? Well, I guess I will stay tuned on this one.

And these will be amplifing the front signal.

IMG_06831_zpsa5f4d84d.jpg

And these will be amplifing the front signal.

Very Nice Amplifiers. I have the 4 channel and monoblock in my son's 88 Ford F150

image_url-43297-1396834553_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

After staring at the doors for about an hour I think I am going to do something simple.  The factory grill will be routed out .

IMG_06991_zps4f176368.jpg

The speaker will be mounted on the door and a trim ring will be made.  The trim ring will be either the same color or slightly lighter in color as the door panel.  The trim will have a 1mm gap between the door panel and about 3mm gap between the surround and about 5mm taller than the surround.  The idea is to keep it as seamless and factory looking as possible.

doorpanelno2_zpsf00440ce.jpg

doorpanelno1_zps61ba8cc4.jpg

Still building an enclosure behind it and going ported ?

Yes, the enclosure will be attached to the door panel.  If you look at the door pic above you can see where the bottom of the umbrella pocket is attached.  I will remove the pocket and the enclosure will fill that void and will flow onto the door panel and will attach to the "mounting ring" for the driver.  I'll more than likely put some type of caulk between the "joint" between the enclosure and "speaker ring".  Still not quite sure where I want the port mount to be though.

Might do a little something to this tmw

yeah!

Do work

Actually did accomplish something today. Ordered a Singer 160 with overdrive pulley

I am really anxious to see how the doors turn out. Those TB 6.5" midbass drivers have a huge ass, damn!!

The TB W4 Ti driver is a great mid. I believe you are using the bamboo version which I have not tested. The only midrange that I have heard that I like as much as the W4 is the CSS VWR126X, smmmooooottthhh mid.

I do not know what tweeter you have there. I have tested a bunch and I am anticipating the KAXBLTWT. Should be an excellent small format tweet..

Holding off on the build for a bit. Morel will be OEM'ing raw drivers for me. So more than likely these tang bangs will need a new home.

Holding off on the build for a bit. Morel will be OEM'ing raw drivers for me. So more than likely these tang bangs will need a new home.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a set of MW4's and MT250's, I know they make good stuff!

If you are getting rid of the 6.5's I am interested in buying.

As always gonna be a little more involved than I wanted. The sharpie outline is where I'm gonna wind up cutting.

image_zps0b5f7a16.jpg

what do you use for cutting the trim panel? I've been using a dremel and its throwing molten plastic at me.