Quentin Jarrell

2010 civic sedan daily drive

*having a hard time understanding a DSP that can't take at least 1v and have never seen a headunit with 10v outs...

My guess would be that he was looking to use the high level amplified speaker outputs and not a low level RCA type output from the factory HU.

I have a friend that took a Helix processor and hooked it up to a stock HU in a Ford Edge.

Said it worked great, but was lacking (not sure what exactly).

To my knowledge, they added a Pioneer 80PRS in and made the factory HU a source unit for the PRS.

meaning the Pioneer was the primary unit to the helix and the factory HU was then secondary. Something like that.

I was told it made a HUGE difference.

Maybe you can do something like this to get RCA power to the processor and still keep the factory HU.

Please keep in mind that I'm only going by was was told to me about the Edge so it's only a suggestion.

If you ever get time, Josh competes with the Edge in MECA Sound Quality comps. Maybe you could catch up to him and see it for your self and get some ideas about this.

Edited by Randal Johnson

53010246.jpg

lol

I just don't have the time right now to fabricate a source in the dash.  I'm not gonna spend the money on a radio when I can get a tablet or one of those tiny Intel computers.

I haven't measured output on the headunit but I have enough headroom in power as long as the outputs arent over 6db off I can equalize the bandwith down with the DSP.  I'm sure output on the factory unit is under 40 watts so if I use a SNI-15 (10:1) I'll be under 1.25 volts.

I'll be using (2) 2x4's.  One for tweeter and midrange, one for midbass and bass.

Balanced takes up to 2V in and has bare wire inputs ftw. No need to make RCA's off the stock deck.

Balanced takes up to 2V in and has bare wire inputs ftw. No need to make RCA's off the stock deck.

right but if the head unit puts out 25 watts a channel I'll need to drop voltage from 10 to 1 volt.  A sni-15 would be the easiest way to do it.  

looks good, what material do you use to stretch over then mounting rings? fleece? 

Looking good

4 runs of 1/0 through the firewall...not my idea of a good time.

I bet. That's why I use stage cable with a super thick rubber jacket and run it under the vehicle. I hate running multiples under carpet. Hard to make it look decent.

I feel your pain. Not 4 runs, but no fun at all...