shizzzon

Using car alarm remote to do unique things...

Limited by your own imagination, i'm trying to find some unique things i can do with this new remote..

I have 3 channels left.

One unique thing i have thought about is being able to open garage door with it... 

But since Viper no longer makes a compatible kit for their newer alarms, no such device exists as far as i know.. 

Anyone have an idea on this or something else that is possible and unique?

Shave door handles, and add a door popper 

Roll windows up/down.

Start engine.

Turn headlights on.

Fold mirrors.

I guess i should say this...

I have the Viper 5904

I'll have 14mil Bulletproof Laminate installed soon and Clubs on the steering wheel and outside wheel.. 

I already have remote start and trunk pop.

Is this the ONLY option to prevent having the door locks picked?

Is this the ONLY option to prevent having the door locks picked?

I'm not thinking this is necessarily to prevent theft. Its more of a custom touch or 'style' mod.  The theft prevention is a small side bonus.  If someone REALLY wants your shit, they are going to get it. Or at least, they will destroy your ride trying to get it.  I just added the window up and down option and an old school keypad to go along with my starter kill. Freaking love it.  

If you have air ride you can adjust the height with your alarm....just thinking out loud man. There is a SHIT TON of options.  Good luck brother, I'm curious to see what you choose.

I'm glad you are thinking outloud!

I will have air ride again but for performance rather than for show.

I see this stated all the time.. if they really want it, they will take it or destroy it..

While i can't prevent external vandalism, i'm pretty sure i can GREATLY slow down internal access and possibly even eliminate the ability for total vehicle theft or greatly reducing damage potential.

Many of us insure things and know we will be reimbursed for those things but something that get damaged can take weeks to fix.. 

When you are on a schedule driving around the country, it hinders the time-frame one can drive from one point to another.

I'm trying to think of the ways someone can gain access or do things to a car (while that's another topic, i still welcome it here) and some unique remote executions.

One thing i'm thinking of which is simple is remotely turning on exterior lighting when at shows that is not street legal.

if a thief can't pick a lock, cant jimmy his way through the window seal, can't bust the glass.. what other way can you get into the vehicle?

IF you want to steal the vehicle.. from the inside.. well the above answers that-

If you want to tow it from the outside access only(this will be illegal since no need to tow it)-

There would be club on the steering wheel and external wheel.

Maybe i should put a club on both front and rear wheel because if someone uses one of those old school tow trucks that lifts up only front 2 or rear 2 wheels, then welcome the sparks flying everywhere down the road.. 

I know this sounds excessive but just pointing out if one were to do that.. there is no other method left of full theft or internal intrusion.

Remember, we are notified while sensors are being tripped.

It's not like they would have 15minutes of alone time...

I hear ya man! I give you props for going the extra mile to protect your ride.  I spent many years parking out in the boonies, never leaving my ride outdoors overnight, and literally sweating the thought of my car being stolen or damaged by some jealous arseho.  Now it's a garage queen. Hasn't seen rain sine 2003.  Hasn't seen snow since 1999.  No joke. I haven't put 100 miles on it in 10 years...it's been a very long rebuild though. I still will be very careful where I park and WILL NOT play my system loud anywhere near my crib or where I will be parked. You know the drill.

As you know, the Viper alarms have soooooo many sensor options.  I have a Clifford alarm and love the fact that I can use pretty much any brand of sensor.   Go crazy with it! It's your ride and obviously you love it.   I can't wait to see your progress. 

You should wire the alarm / sensor to your stereo. If it's tripped, it'll make a scene.

You should wire the alarm / sensor to your stereo. If it's tripped, it'll make a scene.

lmao.. i dont know if i have enough batteries for that.. 

In all honesty.. when i go to viper's site, there is hardly any sensors left.. 

I dont know if it's because many are already built into the units now or what.. 

I'll keep looking for some random stuff.

I keep my ride in a protected garage too.

My most fears is staying at hotels while i'm asleep.

I'm glad you are thinking outloud!

I will have air ride again but for performance rather than for show.

I see this stated all the time.. if they really want it, they will take it or destroy it..

While i can't prevent external vandalism, i'm pretty sure i can GREATLY slow down internal access and possibly even eliminate the ability for total vehicle theft or greatly reducing damage potential.

Many of us insure things and know we will be reimbursed for those things but something that get damaged can take weeks to fix.. 

When you are on a schedule driving around the country, it hinders the time-frame one can drive from one point to another.

I'm trying to think of the ways someone can gain access or do things to a car (while that's another topic, i still welcome it here) and some unique remote executions.

One thing i'm thinking of which is simple is remotely turning on exterior lighting when at shows that is not street legal.

if a thief can't pick a lock, cant jimmy his way through the window seal, can't bust the glass.. what other way can you get into the vehicle?

IF you want to steal the vehicle.. from the inside.. well the above answers that-

If you want to tow it from the outside access only(this will be illegal since no need to tow it)-

There would be club on the steering wheel and external wheel.

Maybe i should put a club on both front and rear wheel because if someone uses one of those old school tow trucks that lifts up only front 2 or rear 2 wheels, then welcome the sparks flying everywhere down the road.. 

I know this sounds excessive but just pointing out if one were to do that.. there is no other method left of full theft or internal intrusion.

Remember, we are notified while sensors are being tripped.

It's not like they would have 15minutes of alone time...

Those "old school tow trucks" are still made today.  It's called a wheel lift.  Not everyone uses a rollback.

lmao.. i dont know if i have enough batteries for that.. 

In all honesty.. when i go to viper's site, there is hardly any sensors left.. 

I dont know if it's because many are already built into the units now or what.. 

I'll keep looking for some random stuff.

I keep my ride in a protected garage too.

My most fears is staying at hotels while i'm asleep.

You don't need any more batteries.  All you need is a relay wired in for use for the stereo when the ignition is not used.  The output from the alarm triggers the relay, and voila.  Pretty simple.

No, i'm not doing that, lol.

I know how to do it.. but no, hehe.

I have 2 trigger wires ran throughout the car off the brain for me so i can add more sirens to the car while i do my new build in the car.

I didn't want them to add too any extra ones initially because i do not know at this time how the shell of this wall will be built yet.

wheel lifts are still THE most popular wrecker made, and .. no matter what you do it can still be towed  short of laying it on the frame... 

shizzon it thought you totaled your car?

i got an xb now.. 

I know it can still be towed.. but at the expense of dragging sparks behind a thief should throw a flag and alert police.. 

Hell my alarm controls my stereo, tv's, sprinkler, lights, HVAC, talks to me and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.  Sure mine is 110v, but whatever you want to do can be done.  

exactly.. looking for ideas.. 

I don't have home automation though so that possibility is out...

i got an xb now.. 

I know it can still be towed.. but at the expense of dragging sparks behind a thief should throw a flag and alert police.. 

IMG_20130518_163658_zps3776dca4.jpg

No sparks needed, not sure what theyre called(bigjon can help with that) but the rear wheels of 4 wheel drive vehicles cant be spinning when towed. Can be used to prevent sparks too.

control bags or hydros if you have them. My old truck would drop wen armed and come to drive height on disarm but had up/dwn controls also. Was fun when people would try looking insiide hit the button n scare them

Just out of curiosity, is this thread motivated by what happened at Slamology?

Well DanP, that's close.. 

I highly doubt a club would allow the back wheels to roll up onto that thing since you would have to roll the car some to get em on there.

But, as close as you are.. GPS tracking is an option.. 

Even though my area is not bad, i do travel a lot and hotels are mischievous about theft.