Mike1982

2 Fi q 12's ported what options should I get?

I am thinking about getting a pair of fi q 12's I am going to be running them ported in a daily trunk setup on a Saz-3500v2. I am getting the cooling option for sure but for I am not sure if I should get the extra spider & the internal lead options, I am thinking no on these options but I would like some opinions before I drop my cash on these subs.

Everything!adhd.gif

guess the main thing i have been reading that adding the extra spider to the FI Q in sealed sq applications the extra spider hurts sq but I was wondering if the same thing were true for ported apps. On the other hand it would be nice to have a little more support  

Edited by Mike1982

I had the extra spider on mine. You would be hard pressed to pick out anything about it that didn't sound good. For the amp you are running I'd get the extra spider. 100% on cooling. Internal leads is just a preference really.

Hopefully by the time your subs come in the weather will be cooler when we start building. Doubtful but I try to be optimistic.

Thanks thats the answer was looking for

I'd just do cooling and standard QTS.

Given the history that amp has..do not get the internal leads.

I'd just do cooling and standard QTS.

Given the history that amp has..do not get the internal leads.

Whats that mean? About the amps history. I am about to run that same amp to a pair of 12's.

Edited by RIottStarr

I got 2 fi q 12s extra spider & cooling options i can't wait til they get here next items on the list will be some deadner & the enclosure.

Nice! I think you will be very happy with the q. When did you want to start on the enclosure?

I would be ready to start tomorrow but I guess realistically  in couple weeks the thing that suck for me is its kind of hard for me to get weekends off especially with me having of this Saturday &  July 6th I may have to work a weekend before I ask for another one off. I have time off just seems like its the wrong time ya know.