Sign in to follow this  
Nathan@XSPower

Slamology 2013 Homeowners Association Compaint

Not sure I care for the video that much. Sorry for being a wet blanket.

Edited by Penguin4x4

How did they get that audio?

How did they get that audio?

Sounds like a Voicemail.

That video is a little off putting to me coming from a business.

That's an awesome video, the 4th of July is coming up hope that Beeotch doesn't have a heart attack or wig out. Bass for life, but anyway I really like that song brings back HS memories.

Edited by Mike1982

lmao..

bananaDance.gifbananaDance.gif

On a serious note however, nobody complains about the loud ass grudge motorcycles that race out there every week.

which may not rattle windows, but 50yrds or so away you still have to plug your ears.

not to mention the pro street

Edited by djjdnap

We're all encouraged to use common sense when playing these high powered systems. Looks like it was an event. Thats the place for it. There is always gonna be someone bitching about something. Funny how this thread differs so much from the other forum it was posted on lol. Love SSA!

People just LOVE to complain.

The shop I'm at is in a business district, and we still get people complaining if we crank up the shop truck during business hours. :-/

But if you are exceeding a safe db level that could cause hearing damage. Then I would think they have a legit complaint.

But if you are exceeding a safe db level that could cause hearing damage. Then I would think they have a legit complaint.

Don't know where this event takes place but it appears to be a fair grounds or other similar venue. Unless the town/city has messed up zoning laws (or no zoning laws at all), I would assume noise levels in the nearest residential area do not exceed the 85 dB(A) threshold.

That being said, rattling windows is a legitimate complaint and posting videos glorifying this does nothing but harm our hobby.

Don't know where this event takes place but it appears to be a fair grounds or other similar venue. Unless the town/city has messed up zoning laws (or no zoning laws at all), I would assume noise levels in the nearest residential area do not exceed the 85 dB(A) threshold.

That being said, rattling windows is a legitimate complaint and posting videos glorifying this does nothing but harm our hobby.

Around here any public event must have police present. You pay a small fee and no one can say anything about disturbing the peace as long as you are within the guidelines of the permit.

It was on a race track and the military, police, fire and EMS were there... 

Hell.. who else do we need? the NSA?

im not sure the age of that race way... but i find it so stupid..  in most cases the raceway will build out in the country... then a developer buys and build track homes on land near the raceway.. then people MOVE INTO THESE HOUSES NEXT TO A RACEWAY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT NOISE.. are you Fin kidding me?

same thing with rock quarries ... then they protest " stop the blasting " are you joking me.. you bought a house near the noise that has been there for a long time!!! not only that but the rock that your foundation sits on was pulled from that site most times

it blows my mind.

now as far as XS doing the videos.. meh .. they make batteries for car audio... its not Xs's problem or fault.  you cant blame good year for street racers can you?

it was a funny video and well edited  IMO

Slamology is one of if not the biggest Mobile Audio/Car shows in the US. It is in the middle of Lucas Oil Raceway and the NHRA track. The track has been there for years and they have races there all the time. If you don't like the noise through out the summer, then probably a good idea to not live by a major race track in Indianapolis.

Well said.

What bigjon said, well put

Edited by jay-cee

Low frequency travels further than high frequency so noise from bass doesn't necessarily equal race noise, so saying they live near a race track and shouldn't mind the bass noise isn't exactly a fair comparison. If the races are loud at their house and they're complaining about the bass than I agree they're ridiculous, but what if they hardly ever hear races from their house, and now Slamology is shaking their fucking house for two days straight--than at the least I wouldn't be laughing at them for complaining about it.

But I wasn't there, and I don't know how loud it was at their houses so what the fuck do I know.

now as far as XS doing the videos.. meh .. they make batteries for car audio... its not Xs's problem or fault.  you cant blame good year for street racers can you?

No, but Goodyear also doesn't make videos making fun of those who complain.

I agree, those participating at Slamology were well within their right given the venue and permits issued by the city.  Without knowing where this resident was and how loud it actually was at their house, I'd also agree that if they live too close to the venue then that's their own damn fault.

I however agree with Stefan that the video doesn't look good for XS as a company or our hobby in general for making fun of the person, who was at least courteous enough to be polite in her complaint about the noise.  Doesn't seem like the same courtesy is being extended back to her with the video.  

Also, I don't think you all will find that video or voice mail very funny next year if enough (or important enough) residents complain about the noise and the city doesn't issue the permits to allow the event.  Food for thought. 

or they could do what they did to us here in Louisville.

Raise the event cost 3.5x more than it ever was simply because we were literally tearing the building apart every year.

We haven't had an event here since.. 

The only way to have one now is if multiple leagues all pitched in to fund it.

Hell, look what happened at Indy's finals last year.. 

There was so much bass going on that an 8ft steel rod broke loose from the rafter above and fell onto someone's car.

Our hobby is devastating and can only safely happen outside.

I've been to races plenty of times and they are far more "nerve-racking" than bass.

I live in indianapolis. 7 miles from Lucas oil raceway. I here the NHRA every year from my own back yard. I never heard any other events from that location.

Just some info from a Hoosier.

A freakin drag race event with the big dogs will be way louder than any car audio event. If you bought a home near a drag strip and bitch about noise your a idiot. Plan and simple. It's like living beside the airport. I can't even see the video and think its stupid

It seems that there will always be some sort of negative picture painted within our hobby regardless the steps we take to insure it infringes as little as possible to the public. The venue is definitely set up to accomodate all aspects Slamology is geared toward. I live in Indy & the previous location, Marion County fairgrounds, didn't have the same issues to my knowledge. People understood that it was just a weekend (sat& sun) & over by 6 or 7pm each day. I hope that we can continue on with this show & perhaps get the surrounding community a little more up to date with what to expect.