Sign in to follow this  
Nathan@XSPower

Slamology 2013 Homeowners Association Compaint

A home owners association that is ran properly can and will get events blocked from coming back. Most of the time it is never that big of a deal, but if the call again next year...guess what show will be looking for a new place to call home.

I'm not saying that is the best way to handle the situation, but I understand where they are coming from and they did take the proper action instead of just escalating the situation to a point where the show is virtually shut down on the spot.

I hate to say it, but don't take it lightly when you get any kind of call from a HOA.

As for the video itself. I got a laugh out of it sure..but it was distasteful as well and coming from a company that is attempting to help our industry I was rather shocked at that.

Exactly why I stated that hopfully they do better dealing with the community over long term. It should definitely be taken seriously & approached carfully.

Instead they make fun of them...... I for see Slamology not lasting much longer.

do ppl even read comments anymore or view videos?

Or just read the thread topic and comment

morning.gif

on another note the Indy 500 is also hosted here in indy..duh

the track is in the middle of a neighborhood, loud ass hell for 2 days.

One of the biggest events of the yr, no complaints and you can hear those cars miles away

I keep editing lol.

Also.... Most places like outdoor arenas, race tracks ect, the homeowners association has to vote in order for the place to be built in the first place I do believe.

For instance when I was in high school we could not have field lights, so we couldn't have football games at our school.

No field lights because the home owners didn't want the noise.

Basically if your gonna move into a neighborhood do your research first, don't just move and then complain about living next to a landing strip

Edited by djjdnap

You do realize that your points have washed over the content of this conversation correct?

Do you know what they (the owners) heard or were subjected to?

Do you know what they (the owners) hear during regular events?

Do you feel that using a video to make fun of a HOA is a good idea?

Do think that letting a company, that has suggested that they are "here to help our industry", simply make things worse by backing out as a child is a good idea?

Edited by pro-rabbit

do ppl even read comments anymore or view videos?

Or just read the thread topic and comment

morning.gif

on another note the Indy 500 is also hosted here in indy..duh

the track is in the middle of a neighborhood, loud ass hell for 2 days.

One of the biggest events of the yr, no complaints and you can hear those cars miles away

I keep editing lol.

Also.... Most places like outdoor arenas, race tracks ect, the homeowners association has to vote in order for the place to be built in the first place I do believe.

For instance when I was in high school we could not have field lights, so we couldn't have football games at our school.

No field lights because the home owners didn't want the noise.

Basically if your gonna move into a neighborhood do your research first, don't just move and then complain about living next to a landing strip

Sure I watched the video and read the comments.  Pretty obvious by viewing them what the intent was.  Very unprofessional in every regard especially when it could potentially become a serious issue next year when they try to get everything in order to host the event again.

You can ridicule the homeowners for their choice in location all you want.  That doesn't mean they might not have a valid enough complaint in the eyes of the city to not allow a car audio event (a hobby which is not held in high esteem to begin with) to continue at that location.  Especially when the car audio communities response to the complaint is to mix the voice mail into a video to be posted all around the internet making fun of the complaint and promoting/laughing at the (supposed) fact windows were rattling miles away. 

I would also gander a guess that the big name televised racing events generate significantly more money for the city than Slamology, which the city does take into consideration.

I enjoy a good old fashioned ribbing. Too bad it wasn't actually important enough to make the news so we could have gotten some sweet videos like the ones seen below :D

this vid is pretty funny...its even funnier that this b**** thinks anyone gives a s*** about her voice mail. haaaaaa

this vid is pretty funny...its even funnier that this b**** thinks anyone gives a s*** about her voice mail. haaaaaa

Moron 

Moron 

i agree. if u dont like noise, dont live by a raceway lol

Once again...Moron

Edited by Tony Nelson

Every opinion is biased. Loud racing is ok but audio is not. Much like how I get harassed about the 4" exhaust on my supra but a Harley can ride by with straight pipes that is twice as loud and that is acceptable because of what it is.

There are people out there in both hobbies that give us a bad name and often the tolerance level due to that is apparent.

You can not talk about a supra and not post pictures.

How do we know that people from the track dont go cruising? I think all the facts need to to be considered. Something isnt right when they allow racing but complain about bass noise. 

I was at Slamology this and  talk to one of the sheriffs. And told me that there is not a noise ordinance in that county. Even he said that the complaints were ridiculous. The was a Friday Saturday event. I believe that pre-event party Friday night was where the complaints came from and that was well after 7pm.

I am sure since the local police are part of the show that local laws do not apply inside the grounds.

But noise travels beyond the grounds. Do you want your neighbor playing their surround sound at midnight when you need to get up early the next morning.

Well this thread has been a fantastic waste of space. The video is in poor taste from a manufacturer, granted I see their point. It is a little ridiculous to live near a race track and complain about noise, HOWEVER that is their right. I would think that the locals would have gotten a heads-up at some point before the show though. We are all biased and have a "screw those guys" attitude, however it seems that the mature members of the forum have forgone voicing that opinion and the others.. well whatever. Anyway, this should have been brought up to the HOA or the local governing council just as a show of good faith so that it won't affect the next Slamology. Threads like this are the reason that these events are becoming few and far between.

I have sub- standard batteries and ibapologize for the house shaking incident, (not my first infraction),i got carried away with sean's new music and my ssa subs.

I did not watch the whole video.

I think i may of hit one of the houses with a dust cap.

lol win. As soon as I get my Eldo started, we gotta meet up bro. The Cut's on fire.

I have sub- standard batteries and ibapologize for the house shaking incident, (not my first infraction),i got carried away with sean's new music and my ssa subs.

I did not watch the whole video.

I think i may of hit one of the houses with a dust cap.

FFS is there one that didn't pop off?

Like someone mentioned earlier, if this was a complaint done on Friday, then it makes perfect sense.. 

The Friday location was in the same field area as homes were.. They were not far from all the competitors there.. 

Not to mention the CAMPGROUND was in the same area as the homes and we can only imagine some people having some fun here n there.