shizzzon

Hammer crimper vs Hydraulic crimper

I used my hammer crimper for years and loved it until a few months ago when I smashed my thumb, threw it away after that. Looking to get a hydraulic one soon.

I have one but it sucks on the bigger gauges. Its like they didnt make the dies the right size.

Sounds like a personal issue, never had an issue with bigger gauges.

Did you buy yours from harbor freight?

Naw I got the one from Weldingsupply.com, the same one Quentin posted pictures of on the first page.

Quentin what type of hammer or tool do you use to hit the crimper? I was using a regular small head hammer.

Because the one from harbor freight sucks. Central pnuematics made in china.

Naw I got the one from Weldingsupply.com, the same one Quentin posted pictures of on the first page.

Quentin what type of hammer or tool do you use to hit the crimper? I was using a regular small head hammer.

That's gonna depend on how small ur muscles are.

I totally thought I read that wrong. He is asking what hammer to use....

well, i have about 15 hammers here of all sizes including 2 different sledge hammers.

Isn't a sledge hammer too aggressive?

Hell, the head is bigger than the entire hammer crimper.  I'd be afraid the terminal would just bounce off from that much pressure and 

the pain i would endure going through so many hits.. 

Naw I got the one from Weldingsupply.com, the same one Quentin posted pictures of on the first page.Quentin what type of hammer or tool do you use to hit the crimper? I was using a regular small head hammer.

I totally thought I read that wrong. He is asking what hammer to use....

Yeah you read it wrong, try again. You do know they come in different sizes and types, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Go hydrolic. I don't know about you but figuring conservitably at 4 hits per lug, that's 1000 swings if you never miss. Talk about headache from hell.

J

I cannot grasp how it is difficult to choose the proper hammer with which to pound a crimper with.

Maybe it's just that complex. I digress, carry on.

I cannot grasp how it is difficult to choose the proper hammer with which to pound a crimper with.Maybe it's just that complex. I digress, carry on.

No don't digress, troll on.