Sign in to follow this  
eXhilarat3d

ICON 15 Smallest Sealed

I know I should have gotten an ICON 12 but I got the ICON 15 from W140 on here.  Great seller and smooth transaction!  He's going to get me in trouble with the wife since he's sold me my amp as well.  Anyways, I'm a bit restricted on space since I need to fit a stroller in my trunk.  I've measured my max dimensions for a sealed box and it comes to a net volume of 2 ft^3 after driver displacement.  If I use 2 lbs of polyfill, will I still receive decent output and freq range?  Sub is being powered by a Soundqubed 1200.1 running at 1 ohm.

I think it will be ok, I have never tried one in a 2.0 cube box, mostly 2.5+.  Give it a whirl, see how you like it once broken in.  If the bottom rolls off too much for your liking, then we can talk a new enclosure. :)

I'd love to put this thing in 4.0 cubes tuned to 32 hz but space restraints won't allow it.  I'm going to have to try it out and see how it sounds.

It'll work but if you can bump it up at all you should. Nice sub choice!

I'd love to put this thing in 4.0 cubes tuned to 32 hz but space restraints won't allow it.  I'm going to have to try it out and see how it sounds.

The Boss says try it you might like it! popcorn2.gif

The Boss says try it you might like it! popcorn2.gif

It'll have to wait until I no longer need to tote a stroller around in my trunk.  I sent several emails to DC Creations to squeeze in a ported box but it won't have enough volume to be worth it. mellow.png

The other car you mentioned in the last few emails would be a nice setup for sealed enclosure though. A bit more room in there...the sub would thank you lol

The other car you mentioned in the last few emails would be a nice setup for sealed enclosure though. A bit more room in there...the sub would thank you lol

I can't convince my wife to drive the 5-series but it's our bigger car and I shouldn't really even put a box back there. I gave you the dimensions of our X3, which I wanted to take over since I can use more trunk. It's still up in the air since the baby hasn't been born yet....

I can fold half of the rear seat down when it's just me in the car without ripping out car seats. Should I fire the sealed sub forward and try to seal it from the trunk or run an enclosure size so air can escape into the cabin while rear firing?