SMpaintball78

Im not to happy right now.....

well i have a long story here... i sold my sa8v2s and shipped them to the buyer.. well he got them and tested them with a dmm and one subs coils read 1.6ohm each (d2 sub) and one sub read 3.0ohm each coil (d4 sub) i was supposed to get 2 d4 subs. so now, i have to give dude his money back, pay for return shipping ($110 both ways now) and as far as im concerned, both 8s are shot... i bought them brand new off ssa 2 months ago. some may ask.. why didnt you check em with a dmm when u got em? well the way i see it, i shouldnt have to being i bought them brand new..... also, when i took them out of my truck, my amp was in protection.. hopefully its not shot but it aint looking good. so now im out around $500 because someine F'd up my order and im pissed.....

as u can see here, someone put tape over the d2 and wrote in a 4.. both boxes said d4 ohm.

IMG_9158_zpsfe96ccaf.jpg

this was "sopposed" to be the other d4 sub.. it jumps anywhere from 1.5ohm to 1.8ohm each coil...

IMG_5127_zpse7c68dc5.jpg

Now, i aint one to start some shit over nothing, but i felt iv been done wrong. im not sure if i should be posting this is the sundown section or ssa but i figured since its your brand of subs, might as well post it here. i tried just keeping this between mark and yself, but i have yet to get a pm in responce and i cant be waiting around

Edited by Lantz

Sucks to suck...

You should always do at least a final ohm test of the sub to make sure its wired right. If you assume things then thats what you get. 

Eh, it's China. What do you expect? I also wouldn't expect anyone to fix it, considering you have had them for a while and used them/sold them. Good luck anyways, I know it sucks!

this is still your negligence in not checking them before you sent them to buyer

this is still your negligence in not checking them before you sent them to buyer

And before he installed them. A good installer always checks the ohm loads and the final ohm load to make sure they are wired right.

I guess I gotta be the 1st person to say this...

Karma has caught up to you getting all those insane craigslist deals.

thinking the same thing....lmao

I guess I gotta be the 1st person to say this...
Karma has caught up to you getting all those insane craigslist deals.

I can understand your feelings. But as already stated, it is on YOU to inspect upon arrival and before install. You failed to do so.

J

now im out around $500 because someine F'd up my order and im pissed.....

No, you're out $500 for your own negligence.  Grow up and take some responsibility.  Take this as a lesson learned.

+1

I saw this on facebook. That guy you sold them to was also complaining that the d4 coils read 3 ohm and not 4.

How did you not notice that they were wired weird when you had them playing?

I saw this on facebook. That guy you sold them to was also complaining that the d4 coils read 3 ohm and not 4.

ya and the d2 ohm reads 1.6. with the money im gonna make of the solo xs, ill still come out a little positive on it all.  just sucks that because some f**khead messed up my order, that im out a bunch of cash.  idk about yall, but i feel i should not have to worry about check the product before install.  i dont own a dmm (even after all this time in audio lol) and ill be damed if im gonna go out and buy on to make sure someone didnt mess up my order. And for the ones saying its karma for the craigslist deals.. dont even tell me if u seen 2 solo x 18s for like $350, u wouldnt scoop them up... dont even try telling me you wouldnt either haha   no matter what happens with these, ill still come out even when the solos sell.  i just feel iv been done wrong here

How did you not notice that they were wired weird when you had them playing?

i noticed one sub  was moving a little more than the other. i thought that may have been just the suspension loosening up.. iv had subs before where one sub loosens up before the other and the one flexes a little more.. may sound dumb but thats my experience

the gaskets looked used.. heavily..

the gaskets looked used.. heavily..

If your talking about where the screws go through its cause the screw heads on the screws used were a little bigger than the holes

ya and the d2 ohm reads 1.6. with the money im gonna make of the solo xs, ill still come out a little positive on it all.  just sucks that because some f**khead messed up my order, that im out a bunch of cash.  idk about yall, but i feel i should not have to worry about check the product before install.  i dont own a dmm (even after all this time in audio lol) and ill be damed if im gonna go out and buy on to make sure someone didnt mess up my order. And for the ones saying its karma for the craigslist deals.. dont even tell me if u seen 2 solo x 18s for like $350, u wouldnt scoop them up... dont even try telling me you wouldnt either haha   no matter what happens with these, ill still come out even when the solos sell.  i just feel iv been done wrong here

You are using electricity and have yet to buy a dmm? Tell ya what I'll trade ya mine for those solo x subs.

J

i dont see how its karma returning from CL buys.... that does not pan out to me at all.....

something is worth what one is willing to pay... the buyer was willing to expect his offer. it was  a wash.

i understand how you feel wronged,  and just as i told you when you text me about it.. people would say.. and well they are saying it....

it does suck.. big time...  but just remember small shit like this is a spoke in the wheel of life.

well i been talking to the guy who bought the 8s and he said hes tired of dicking around and said hed send me a good portion of the origional agreed pric eback for the subs so i lost  a little bit there... im pretty sure my amps done for though

What's wrong with your amp?

stuck in protection. it been running around a half ohm for around 2 months.

:Doh:

Id be a lil ticked about the subs but you had way too many chances to check things. Why werent you suspicious when you recieved the subs and it had that sticker.

Even a decent dmm from radioshack or autoparts store is 20-30 bucks. There is no reason to not have one. Looking at the big pic it seems to be stupid to tempt fate on gear worth 500+$ when such a simple cheap tool would have saved you.

Lastly im wondering why the buyer didnt ask for a pic of the readings of the coils. Everyone ask for a pic of them.