SMpaintball78

Im not to happy right now.....

stuck in protection. it been running around a half ohm for around 2 months.

That doesn't matter..  What matters is how it was used.

Most of us run our amps daily like that, but not at full tilt all crazy.

edit: I get it haha

Edited by ricksi30

:Doh:

That doesn't matter..  What matters is how it was used.

Most of us run our amps daily like that, but not at full tilt all crazy.

i ran my old aq3500 at .5 ohm daily for months... this on the other hand is a audiopipe1500... lol

I doubt it was the amp, sounds like user error.

... nooo sounds like sundowns error lol.

Your error, to buy subs and not test them out (new or used). You error on why amp is in protection, not because you ran it at 0.5ohms.

User Error my friend, subs and amps do what you tell them.

as i said before, i feel that when i buy a product brand new, i should not have to test them... is it a good idea? yeah but i did not have a dmm on hand.  i still feel i have gotten the short end of the stick.. no matter what you or anyone else here has to say lol still some bullshit

Pretty attentive that you never noticed.

I bought a DMM I leave on my boat for 2.99 at Microcenter.

You can draw your own conclusions from the above.

Btw, I have also recently bought a sub that had a coil error.  Mine was not a Sundown.  Also recently had someone I know get a misconfigured coil from non-internet vendor.  There is a reason I'd pay extra for a non-chinese made product.

as i said before, i feel that when i buy a product brand new, i should not have to test them... is it a good idea? yeah but i did not have a dmm on hand.  i still feel i have gotten the short end of the stick.. no matter what you or anyone else here has to say lol still some bullshit

Lemme ask you something on a different subject matter but same issue. If you got a new part for your truck, would you check it out first to ensure everything was tip top, or just put it in? I would look it over before I risk a blown engine or something else.

Same shit applies here.

J

Ignorance is bliss

I get what y'all are saying and think you should always test audio but not sure if I agree 100% . For example I just put a starter on my car and i was not thinking to sit there and go over it inside and out to make sure its going to work right before I installed. And if when it was installed and something was messed up/wrong with the starter I would forsure be blaming where the starter came from.......

or if you got your oil changed somewhere and they forgot to put new oil in and your car mess up down the road would you be 100% at falt for not making sure they did what they were supposed to do??

Occasionally the factory will over-print one type of box (D2 or D4) and use a label to correct it -- I am unsure why they would have re-labeled a box and made it wrong; but that appears to be the case here.

If we were notified when the product arrived we would have swapped it out right away as it's a factory packaging error.

As the product has been re-sold and used for some time at this point there is not much we can do nor is there any more useful life in this discussion; so I will leave it here and close it.