Ok.... so what has happened to all the rap music nowadays? Used to be that there were SOME groups who made good heavy bass music without all the cussing, but it seems that every song to play through Slacker or Pandora is FULL of explicit lyrics! Don't get me wrong.... I crank 'em when I don't have my 10 year old with me, but It's pretty much a lost cause trying to find something that he can listen to with me. BTW.... I don't push it too hard with him (half volume) as I don't wanna damage his hearing, but he does love to hear some bass. 

That being said.... can someone please point me in the direction of some kid friendly bass tunes to listen to with my little man?

You ONLY listen to rap? There is plenty of other "clean" music out there.

wub wub wub

Download the songs you like in the clean version too. Then make a playlist of all the clean tracks so you can listen to songs with him without all the swearing.

You ONLY listen to rap? There is plenty of other "clean" music out there.

Nooooooo... not at all! I love my heavy rock and metal, but now that I have something that actually hits the lows, I've found myself listening to a lot of rap and dubstep.

Download the songs you like in the clean version too. Then make a playlist of all the clean tracks so you can listen to songs with him without all the swearing.

That's what I've been doing..... but I know there's gotta be some groups out there that have some nice sounding bass without all the expletives. It's been twenty years since ANY rap was played in a vehicle of mine, so I'm WAAYYY outta touch with any of the new stuff. I'd hate to have to break out some Kid N Play on my little man. rofl2.gif

Flosstradamus

try the radio

Flosstradamus

I have one of his remixes.."The Glow". Nasty bassline that makes the ear hairs tingle! I'll check some of his other stuff. Thanks!

try the radio

Lol. I would if my radio reception was actually worth a damn.... that's the weakest point of my system.

Look up DEAF and Crowd CTRL from Flosstradamus.

On it...thanks again man!

"Bass, I love you" by Bassotronics doesnt have any swearing and will definatly make some bass. Lol.

"Bass, I love you" by Bassotronics doesnt have any swearing and will definatly make some bass. Lol.

Got it...gonna check it in a few. Thanks!

Far East Movement

http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Bass-Far-East-Movement/dp/B0087UXMAK/ref=sr_1_5_digr?ie=UTF8&qid=1372643954&sr=8-5

My wife actually got me listening to them...pretty sure not any cuss words...and the bass is phenomenal, especially the track "Dirty Bass".

Forgot about them.... I've heard a couple of their tunes before. Next on the list... Thanks!

Play him some classical with pipe organs in it. Certainly has some low notws, and would expand the kids mind musically.

J

Dude......THAT'S what I'm talking about! The one I have is nothing like that. Shoulda checked him sooner. Thanks for the info!

Play him some classical with pipe organs in it. Certainly has some low notws, and would expand the kids mind musically.

J

Ya know....not a bad idea. I've played and heard every type of music, exept that. Always sounded good in church... why not??? What's good?

i pretty much only listen to christian music. here are a few i like.

This'l

Lacrae

gideonz army

tedashii

KB

not all their songs have great bass, but quite a few. and, all have positive messages.

My 4 year old lives my metal; Motionless In White, A Day To Remember, The Browning, etc.

Most dubstep/trap doesn't even have lyrics.  Macklemore usually has a good message behind his, but he does include explicit lyrics.  Hoodie Allen doesn't swear other than the occasional "damn" or "hell" for the most part.  Will Smith have good bass? LOL  Jake Miller doesn't swear much, or at all.  OCD is good. 

i pretty much only listen to christian music. here are a few i like.

This'l

Lacrae

gideonz army

tedashii

KB

not all their songs have great bass, but quite a few. and, all have positive messages.

Christian rap is one of the last bastions of "kid friendly" lyrics nowadays.

J

Ya know....not a bad idea. I've played and heard every type of music, exept that. Always sounded good in church... why not??? What's good?

This is a pretty good compilation disc to get you started. Here is another.