disturbeddrummer254

doubled my port area

i know i kinda talked about this before, but i wanted to update what i was doin. i have 2 psi 18s in seperate enclosures. Before i had only .50ft of port area in each box according to Torres. now i have about .98 which is double the port area than before. it apperently brought my tuning from about 31hz to 36 or so hz according to Torres. will this still be ok for daily?

Was this a good idea or do you thing i will regret doing this? not quite finnished with this change..
your thoughts.....

20130630 191030 resized

20130630 200308 resized

20130630 183729 resized

Please use square inches rather than ft.  that gets confusing.

It will definitely be louder if your internal volume is still the same and the fact your tuning went up.

i know i kinda talked about this before, but i wanted to update what i was doin. i have 2 psi 18s in seperate enclosures. Before i had only .50ft of port area in each box according to Torres. now i have about .98 which is double the port area than before. it apperently brought my tuning from about 31hz to 36 or so hz according to Torres. will this still be ok for daily?

Was this a good idea or do you thing i will regret doing this? not quite finnished with this change..
your thoughts.....

You're looking at port volume, not port area.

O ok crap I see...I msinly concerned with the tuning. 36.somethin is not to high for daily is it?

O ok crap I see...I msinly concerned with the tuning. 36.somethin is not to high for daily is it?

Only you can tell us. For some music it may be "too" low. Completely depends on your goals.

When I was making my box it ended up being to big and I had to cut a few inches off the front. Left me with a box tuned at 37hz. I was worried that would be to high but it really isn't that bad for daily use. Listen to it for a while and change it up later if you want something different. I did learn that the SubSonic needs to be set just a few hz under your box tuning or it could hurt your sub. Example: My ss is set at 35hz for the 37hz tuning. Just be careful, want to keep the subs happy.

subsonic is a mechanical filter or an acoustical one, depending on application.

Sometimes, subsonic needs to be set above tuning.

Sometimes you peak below your tuning frequency.

I've seen it all, rules of thumb can't be trusted all the time.

What kind of music do you listen to?