Sign in to follow this  
EddieC

Favorite local bands/artists

There are a lot of great bands/artists out there that are kicking ass and taking names. And most of them will never be heard outside of their region. Thought this would be a good place to help spread the word on some of your favorites. Where better to share music than with the people who are going to crank the tunes? I'll get things started with a few close friends that have been ripping up the scene around here.

First up.... Waking Tera. Genre-Metal.... These guys have been blowing things up the past couple of years here in NC, opening for various bands from Trapt to Orgy(<----awesome group of guys as well, can't believe I never saw them back in the day).  

Second.... Killing The Catalyst. Genre-Metal.... Another great group of guys from NC that bring it every time. Just finished recording with Jamie King (producer of Between The Buried And Me) and this cd is gonna be BRUTAL! Right now they're in talks with a few labels and are holding out on the finished product. This is a non-mastered version but still sounds great!

Lastly.... Chris Harlan. Genre-Hip Hop/Rap.... White boy got skills! This track was recorded with Pam Saulsby (local tv news anchor/musician) as a tribute to all the soldiers serving in the war in Afghanistan. The song was sent to the troops, and a portion of the iTunes sales proceeds will be donated to the Fisher House in Ft Bragg, NC.

There are many more, but I just wanted to get this started as a way to share your favorites with others. All genres please..... let's help these people reach others outside their local scene. Thanks!

Chi Boy- hip hop

Pop Evil- rock/alternative

Chi Boy- hip hop

Checked out Chi Boy.... Good stuff! I'll be sending some likes his way. Things like that really help these guys when the big wigs see the numbers. As for Pop Evil, looks like they've finally reached that next level. They're getting airplay on the regular here in NC now. Always knew they were a great band. Congrats to them for what they've achieved!

Here's one from the band that spawned Daughtry. Had the opportunity to play a few shows with those guys back in '04 and I knew that they were going somewhere. Well... Chris did and I guess he WAS the star. 

Thanks for the Tip on Chi Boy. I dig it and have some friends that I know will love it. When you guys see someone you really like, give their vids a like.... like their fb page.... tell your friends so they can enjoy it! biggrin.png

Funktion-jazz/funk

Jimmie's Chicken Shack! :)

Funktion-jazz/funk

Checked them out.... man those cats are smooth! Reminds me of this band from Raleigh that I used to go to the clubs to see. Never got the break that they should have, and split back in 99.  Check them out..... think you'll like them If you dig Funktion. They were a phenomenal live band!

Jimmie's Chicken Shack! smile.png

Aaron.... I LOVE this band! First time hearing them was when High was played on the radio back in 97. I had the cd the next day. smile.png

Nice! Those guys have a pretty unique country sound. Here's one of our most popular country bands. You've probably heard this one by now.

Yep heard them :) good shit.

Check out Larry &  his flask - beggars will ride.

Yep heard them smile.png good shit.

Check out Larry &  his flask - beggars will ride.

That's pretty cool.... really upbeat and catchy! Bet they'd be great live! Check these guys out. SwampDaWamp... More of a Southern Rock meets Country sound....but really good!

and this one from the Rock Legends Cruise they just played

Edited by EddieC

Chi Boy- hip hop

For 2 months now I've heard this song and wondered who it was. Didn't know it was Pop Evil! Killer tune.....