mclarengts

What Door Speakers to Buy

Hello guys, well its been awhile since ive been in here. Im kinda outta touch with what new and whats good. So right now I have 1 15" Fi BL on a Sundown Saz1200.. i think its a SAZ, ill double check when i get home. I love this sub its great! since Im good with my sub, its time for me to move on to my door and dash speakers. My motto is I want good quality products, I dont really care about looks, plus they wont be seen anyway. I remember years ago when I got my BL asking about Sundown and people saying that they didnt put their money in looks they put it in the product. well thats what im looking for with my speakers. Im looking for the best bang for my buck, its not all about Names with me.

I have a 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8. It has 6x9s in the front doors and rear dash. No speakers in the rear doors. in the front doors should i stay with 6x9s or should I go 6.5s? Then what about the rear dash? As far as the speakers go I want something I can put on a amp and i want them to be very Clear, Loud. I really need to bring out my Mids and highs!

What do you guys think.. My budget would be about $750-&1000 for the speakers.

With that kind of budget, I personally would work in a good 4 or 2 channel amp and just worry about getting a pair of fronts, deffinatly 6.5" not 6x9 and wouldn't worry about getting any in the rear deck. It's hard to tell you what speakers to get. Go out to a bunch of local shops, listen to as many speakers as possible and pick the ones you think sound beat

Try to calculate sound deadener for your doors. A good install with deadened doors will be best and will make the speakers you do choose shine.

Are you looking at going active or staying passive?

Suggestions for both?

I'm going active with 2 Radian 950pb under the dash and 2 6nd430 midrange in an ap enclosure in the stock door spot. Might add a 8 or 10 for better midbass. Advice on that?

Mids ran off rf t800.4 and horns off my DEH80prs

Suggestions for both?

I'm going active with 2 Radian 950pb under the dash and 2 6nd430 midrange in an ap enclosure in the stock door spot. Might add a 8 or 10 for better midbass. Advice on that?

Mids ran off rf t800.4 and horns off my DEH80prs

You need to wait for some answers from the experts on going acitve.

I remember when i was thinking about going active with an 8" midbass..   Was suggested to go with a peerless SLS8 and fountek fr89 fullrangers.

No I wont be going active.

Atleast not until I fully understand it and feel comfortable it tackling that

It's really not that hard. You have to understand the capabilities of the drivers being used. research, research and a little more research.