Are all pioneer head units the same volume before clipping mine has max 63 and 75% of that is 47 my deck is deh p500usb

Not sure. I set all my gains at full volume on my unit, never have a problem.

Clipping doesn't kill woofers...

I never seen a Pioneer HU that I liked. JMO

You've never uses a prs then :)

I just turned it up until I hear distortion on front speakers then back off not sure if this is correct way to do it oh front speakers off deck power for now

You've never uses a prs then smile.png

Uh, Yeah I had a PRS 80, didnt like it, sold it not long ago matter of fact.

The numbers on your display are mainingless, uncalibrated and have no correlation to the output voltage of your headunit.  Any time you change source material, mode, EQ or anything else, the output voltage will change even with the same displayed output level.

To put things into perspective, those units of measure have the same amount of meaning as a speedometer that is labeled with pictures of fruit and animals instead of MPH...

Uh, Yeah I had a PRS 80, didnt like it, sold it not long ago matter of fact.

I totally agree bro, I only buy Dual or Jensen. P99RS? GARBAGE. 80PRS? GARBAGE.

The numbers on your display are mainingless, uncalibrated and have no correlation to the output voltage of your headunit.  Any time you change source material, mode, EQ or anything else, the output voltage will change even with the same displayed output level.

To put things into perspective, those units of measure have the same amount of meaning as a speedometer that is labeled with pictures of fruit and animals instead of MPH...

THIS

44 here.. but like everyone else said.. the number means nothing if the rest of the settings are wrong

Is there a safe no. Or do use your ears and nose I thought about using an oscilliscope and a test tone I know music is dynamic

1280859118-slot-machine1.png

Is what you made me think. :lol:

rockwoot.gif I used to think they were junk till I was introduced to DEH 80PRS

rockwoot.gif I used to think they were junk till I was introduced to DEH 80PRS

Speaking of the DEH-80PRS.. Anyone know if there will be a successor? Same features with perhaps an extra line for more info on the screen with perhaps a better graphical interface. My only reasoning for choosing the kenwood x996 over it was the 80prs looked bland and was like 20 bucks cheaper

Well I dont like Pioneer, never have, to be honest there whole car audio line has never impressed me, yeah they are better than they used to be but I will take Alpine over them any day. I could have cut you guys a pretty good deal on a DEH-80PRS, I sold one about 2 weeks ago for $165. 

Well I dont like Pioneer, never have, to be honest there whole car audio line has never impressed me, yeah they are better than they used to be but I will take Alpine over them any day. I could have cut you guys a pretty good deal on a DEH-80PRS, I sold one about 2 weeks ago for $165.

Uninformed decisions. 80PRS is better than any Alpine made today.

There is no rule of thumb. I also expect the OP has difficulty further down the signal chain and not the headunit if it is causing audible distortion at such a low setting. Time to re-evaluate your gain settings.

I'm not getting any distortion just wandering what safe level is on volume knob

No such thing. You need to listen for stress.

It is that way with ANY part of audio. If you aren't willing to listen then perhaps a different hobby is in order wink.png

That's why I joined this forum I learn so much thanks for your input m5