Why do my lights flicker with a 300amp mechman in a 2009 Jeep liberty?

Charging voltage driving down the road is 14.4 plus and it never goes below 13.4 with the stereo cracked up all the way. I am only drawing around 2000 watts.

Sean045.jpg

If there hid's, check all there connections one by one, because they are very sensitive, if not check all the connections on your system, including all grounds, batteries, etc... if still flickering then add relays to front lights...

If there hid's, check all there connections one by one, because they are very sensitive, if not check all the connections on your system, including all grounds, batteries, etc... if still flickering then add relays to front lights...

Nope all stock.

It's it only the front lights flickering?

No all the lights do it.

What do you have for batteries?

What do you have for batteries?

Just one 34 series odessey in the front. My voltage never goes below 13.4 vdc.Thats at the sub amp.

Maybe add another battery? I'm guessing they flicker because the voltage taken out for that split second happens faster than the alt can out out.

Maybe add another battery? I'm guessing they flicker because the voltage taken out for that split second happens faster than the alt can out out.

Thats what I was kind of thinking. Or the voltage reg. can't react fast enough.

Exactly, that's another true thing, but I'll go first and check all the connections first to make sure there clean and tight.

I have a Singer 270Amp alt in my Jeep with a DieHard G34M, When I had my 2K I wasnt getting massive voltage drop but my lights were dimming as well. I added a little Kinetic600 to the back and it went away.

Exactly, that's another true thing, but I'll go first and check all the connections first to make sure there clean and tight.

I already checked and cleaned the grounds and all the other connections.

I have a Singer 270Amp alt in my Jeep with a DieHard G34M, When I had my 2K I wasnt getting massive voltage drop but my lights were dimming as well. I added a little Kinetic600 to the back and it went away.

But my voltage at the amp never drops below 13.4.

Neither did mine I assumed it had something to do with my Jeeps PCM

Neither did mine I assumed it had something to do with my Jeeps PCM

My problem is limited space for a second battery.

If you did all the connections checks, than there's a slight problem with a part that goes at the output of the alternator, some voltage something(sorry don't know it's name), that is just not fast enough controlling the output voltage, in that case I think your only option is a second battery closer to the amps.

Okay thanks alot guys.

its actually because you only have that 1 big ass battery.

A bigger batt like that doesn't charge or discharge as fast as a smaller one would

EDIT:

i thought i got my post confused for a min as well.

does this happen when sitting still or when driving?

according to mechman sit at 2000rpm it should be full power

Edited by djjdnap

its actually because you only have that 1 big ass battery.

A bigger batt like that doesn't charge or discharge as fast as a smaller one would

But the voltage never drops below a resting voltage? So that one volt or so might still make the lights flicker?

14.4 plus and it never goes below 13.4

yup, you gotta think even tho that is 1volt drop what is the current drop as well.

But i just now thought about this you have a 300a alt and still have dimming on 2k watts?

Might want to check your batt or wiring.