Sencheezy

DC Power Moving Forward?

Quote:

This post is for the individuals that are interested in knowing about why DC Power has had issues and how we’re working to correct them.

I am honestly very frustrated with people that I have never heard of starting comments on any kind of social website. If you've been waiting an ungodly amount of time or know someone that has been, call our 951-509-5617 numbers, and speak to someone about this. Or, feel free to e-mail me directly at kyle@dcpowerinc.com.

I will be completely honest with everyone, not too long, we were extremely disorganized from growing at a rate that has been over 200%+ growth year after year. During this time, we also had some deals with some specific individuals that went in the wrong direction and completely shattered our public image to a lot of forums and social websites. I (Kyle) have been working extremely hard to get our public image turned around. We have taken tremendous strides in getting our shipping and build times down, invested in two in house CNC machines (Haas ST-30 and a VM-2) along with Solidworks and Mastercam X5.

To be honest, we ARE the slowest company out there on getting their orders out to customers but are improving. This is due to the process of which the alternators are made and the sources that we get our alternator stators, rotors, rectifiers from. We get all of our parts BRAND NEW and not from a junkyard or from a Chinese supplier that can make quantity over quality. We get our parts directly from the best: Delco, DENSO and Valeo. There isn’t another company out there in our industry that takes pride in making the best looking billet alternators available AND does their damn that they will not leave you stranded on the side of the road unexpectedly. As I have said before, the best warranty is the warranty you NEVER have to use.

For example, here is the “majority” of the process that happens to make our billet alternators:
1) Cut the slug from a 1500+ pound bar of T6061 aluminum for the front case.
2) Cut from a smaller bar of T6061 aluminum for the custom machined pulley.
3) Take the slugs for the front case and run the programs in our Lathe to get the first and second operations done so it can be cut on our mill.
4) Take the smaller slug and run the pulley on the lathe.
5) Take the slug for the front case and make the mounting holes, windows, fins, etc.
6) Use the lathe and/or mill to create any small parts that are needed for the alternator (Spacers/Mounting Blocks/etc.)
7) Send the cases off to anodizing/powder coating/polisher to ensure that nice beautiful billet alternator casing and pulley does not corrode like a smashed up beer can after getting hit with some road salt. This can take up to 5 business days or longer depending on the workload of the company that we do our work with.
8) Build the alternator.

Versus:
1) Order parts from vendors
2) Make your own windings/purchase windings from vendor.
3) Build the alternator.

So yes, there are companies that can get the majority of their alternators out same day because they have a way less complicated build process than we do. As someone said, there is a reason why Fi Car Audio takes longer than other brands that don’t machine all of their motors in house.

Today, I finally finished up some programming to let everyone have a better idea of shipping estimates on their alternators. We now have the following availability options on our website. This was kind of a complicated process to handle because our web store can't handle back orders the way that we needed them to. So I had to create some custom logic to get this to display correctly on the website.

1) In Stock - Means that this will be shipping within 1-3 business days (this usually is at the latest 2 business days but 3 if something gets accidentally over looked)

2) Built to Order - This has a field underneath as well that gives a "typically ships within" time period. This lets everyone know that the alternator is not assembled and waiting to ship to the first buyer.

3) Backordered - This can mean that either we're waiting on parts to arrive from one of our vendors or that we've literally sold a ton of them and there is a longer period of unusual wait times at the moment. It will also give you an "Estimated ship date" underneath the backordered status to give you an idea.

The only person I know of right now that I still need to straighten things out with is with Mike Martinez. Other than that, if you know anyone that is still waiting on anything from a long time ago, please bring this post to his/her attention. I want things to only get better going forward and I appreciate everyone’s business and support in this company. We are working VERY hard on getting better at our customer service and we ARE NOT going anywhere. If there is one thing that’s great about this company, it’s that even though times have been tough for some of our customers, we did not close our doors and leave anyone stranded with broken/burned up products like many of the other companies that have come and gone. We will always stand behind our product because that’s who we are and I would honestly appreciate it if we can all understand that we are humans and mistakes do happen. This post is open to anyone that would like to offer us any advice, feedback or any questions that anyone that have. If you took the time to read this, thank you for your time and interest.

Better said than done. I called the number listed on the site, sent an inquiry, posted on their facebook, and even messaged a reseller. The only person that answered me was the reseller. I went Mechman honestly because I was answered and taken care of as a customer. Sure their alts look awesome and all, but what good are painted toenails with socks and shoes on?

Hope they do improve turn around times, product wise DC  is one of the best.

That would be very cool if they did.

I had a great experience with DC power they answered any question that I had & gave me so honest advice. I had a cheap alt that was a nightmare after that ordeal then I said never again so I decided to go with dc power & has been an excellent decision.

Edited by Mike1982

that is very honest of them to say.... other companies should be so humble and admit things,

but.. the proof will be in the pudding,

from the track record when i was looking for a big buck alt, they were not even an option... simply because of how they handle stuff...

I am willing to give them a second ...err third try.

I am willing to give them a second ...err third try.

Me too, but I'll be a fool if I end up regretting it.

Edited by stefanhinote

My dealing with dc over a year ago was just fine. I contacted them recently through their online ticket system and got the answers I needed.

I purchased an alt from them last March and the build time was right on the dot.

I love seeing this from a business!  I wish more companies could be like this.  I wish them well and hope these are more than words.

Kyle, I really hope things go well. Small business is a tough game and everyone knows it. I applaud your humility and the balls it took to say that. People should take note. Now get it together and sell some alts! Good luck guys.

I will turn their section back on, IF they will keep up with it and people want it.

So if people want it back on, someone shoot them a message. 

+1 with them taking their time, but you do receive a great product. I was impressed with my buddy's 250 alt for sure.

I would respect this and DC more if they posted this here themselves, just my .02.

I would respect this and DC more if they posted this here themselves, just my .02.

true

Regardless of the speech, I must agree with this 100%.

I'd rather them work on regular CS than monitor the forums. Yes, it's another outlet, but in the end, I'd rather them be working on building and handling phone calls and emails.

Aaron, I don't think we should make that leap yet. Actions speak louder. Give them some time to act and handle more business. The open forum would just be another load right now.

I'd rather them work on regular CS than monitor the forums. Yes, it's another outlet, but in the end, I'd rather them be working on building and handling phone calls and emails.

Aaron, I don't think we should make that leap yet. Actions speak louder. Give them some time to act and handle more business. The open forum would just be another load right now.

Sounds good. :)