Sign in to follow this  
ToXicFrOgXx

Need help with battery...

I knew this day would come but haven't been preparing for it. My battery has passed away. It has been through a lot being the first battery I've had since I got into car audio. I need something new. I am running a JL JX360 2 channel for my mids and highs along with a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D for my BL 15. Its somewhere around a total of 1500-1800 wrms. (When the voltage is up, which hasn't been in a while) I have a Stinger 180 amp alternator installed as well. The dimensions I have to work with are 11"w 8"d 8"h. I was looking at an XS power D3400 or maybe a Kinetic KHC1800. Would these be enough to run as the only battery in the car?? (which is a better choice between the two??) Or should I also pick up a smaller version in addition to run in the trunk to keep the electrical very strong. Any knowledge helps greatly. 

If you have a Sears store near you. I would get their 34 series platinum agm battery. If thats not enough then you will have to add a second battery near the amps.

I would run 2 just to be on the safe side, but im sure one big one would do... can you make more room in the front under hood?

I would go with a small agm in the front and a better one in the rear.

Small diehard in front, larger in the rear.

The dimensions I took were maxed out, so nothing bigger could go under the hood. There is a Sears near me and I would be able to trade in my old battery on a new "DieHard Platinum Automotive Battery Group Size 34/78DT W/ Price with Exchange" for around $200. To start off would this battery be a good choice up front, then add a small battery in back if there is still voltage drop?? (There is so much weight in the back I don't want to add a big battery back there)  The DieHard brand keeps coming up so I searched it. The amp hours and CCA dont look as high as the XS Power batteries??

small up front bigger one in the back.. xs batteries are best on the market but pricy.... I would put a small battery up front and try to purchase a deka 9a31 for the rear shouldn't have any problems after that 9a31's are 100ah

Go with the die hard 34/78 under the hood. If you need more you can add to one in the trunk. But go with similar size or bigger so you don't have to get another if you upgrade the power in.the future. Just my two cents.

The dimensions I took were maxed out, so nothing bigger could go under the hood. There is a Sears near me and I would be able to trade in my old battery on a new "DieHard Platinum Automotive Battery Group Size 34/78DT W/ Price with Exchange" for around $200. To start off would this battery be a good choice up front, then add a small battery in back if there is still voltage drop?? (There is so much weight in the back I don't want to add a big battery back there) The DieHard brand keeps coming up so I searched it. The amp hours and CCA dont look as high as the XS Power batteries??

The dimensions I took were maxed out, so nothing bigger could go under the hood. There is a Sears near me and I would be able to trade in my old battery on a new "DieHard Platinum Automotive Battery Group Size 34/78DT W/ Price with Exchange" for around $200. To start off would this battery be a good choice up front, then add a small battery in back if there is still voltage drop?? (There is so much weight in the back I don't want to add a big battery back there)  The DieHard brand keeps coming up so I searched it. The amp hours and CCA dont look as high as the XS Power batteries??

I didn't recommend going with XS because in your first post, you asked if one or 2 batteries would be enough.  

That implies you wish not to spend a lot of money if you can help it.

The amount of power you are using doesn't require the Best of the Best batteries reputation-wise on the market to be used.

Just like i won't run the best amps out there for certain applications if it doesn't require it.

I am trying to save as much cash as possible and it makes sense that I don't need XS batteries for my application. I really appreciate all your help everybody. I'm going to look into a DieHard 34/78 under the hood. See how that performs and then add a really big battery in the back if I upgrade my amps since size is not as limited. :)

I ran a sundown 1200 and ppi 100x4 on a diehard plat 34 only. Stock 90a alternator and big 3 and voltage stayed in the high 12 range most of the time. At full tilt it would drop to mid 12 on some songs that dropped really low.

If you buy from sears, you can look online and see when their friends and family day is to save some money. They have one a month along with coupon codes in the summer months. Helps save a decent amoint of money.