hello everyone fist post .i really need your guys help with eq and crossover setting stopped doiing spl and entered the aq seen bud never knew how difficult it will be .got an alpine 9887 dlsr6a s inthe front doors with baffles and jbl coaxil in the back running of an jl xd600/6 2 jl 10w3v3 running of an jl600/1 all active can enyone please recoment good eq and crossover settings any help will be aprecuated thanks

First off, it's extremely difficult to read your post.  I get it, but forming regular sentences would be helpful.

With that out of the way, there's no way we can recommend what EQ and crossover settings to use.  EVERY install is different, every speaker, every location it's mounted, every vehicles interior, etc. all play a part in the response of the speakers and therefore changes the need to cut or boost a frequency on the EQ or crossover at a given frequency all completely different from one setup to the next.

You've got some nice equipment there, and one helpful item is that DLS states the crossover point for the passive crossover as 4500hz.  That would be the point to begin for the low pass crossover for the front mids and the high pass crossover for the tweeters.  After that, it's going to take a lot of time listening, tweaking, tuning and listening some more before tweaking and tuning again to get everything set right.  Unfortunately there's no rule book that says if you have "X" tweeter and "Y" mid in "Z" mounting location use "A" crossover setting and "B" EQ settings.  It just isn't that easy.

Can't have rears with your processing

i was wondering if the pioneer prs99 would be better for competition than the 9887 .the only problem is thet are very expensive in south africa

Neither will allow you to have rears. Neither will help over the other in competition.

thanks for the imput m5 . I disconnected the rears and briged the mids on channels 3and 4 and 5and6,i was just wondering if the pioneer would be better even if i wanted to upgrade to 3 way active later .but i dont know if its beter to just buy an external prossesor and keep the HU ,

Neither are good for a 3 way active. Obviously there are work arounds, but IMO spending extra dough without stating WHAT you are trying to achieve and why isn't good money spent. For instance, if you had some anomaly that required independent L/R eq then yes an upgrade could make sense. That being said, the need for a change is always determined by your needs for change. Without knowing that it is impossible for us to give you any insight.

Why do you keep posting 9887? It is meaningless to the thread without details of your needs. I am very familiar with that unit as are a ton of people on this site.

sorry dont know if my posts whent thru so il just have to do it again .i want a warm sound but like most people loud if i want it to be ,i changed some crossover settings and it seems im on the right track its as follows midl 63 slope 12 midh 5 slope 18 and highs 4 slope 18 ,know here is where i gwt confused if you have selected the crossover what does the eq do does that say the starting and stopping points my eq settings are as follow band 1 31:5 q1 band 2 100 q 1 band 3 1 q 1.5 band 4 4 q 1:5 and band 5 10 q 1 if you could some setting to get me to where i want to go please

sorry about that was not familiar how its done wont do it again

sorry dont know if my posts whent thru so il just have to do it again .i want a warm sound but like most people loud if i want it to be ,i changed some crossover settings and it seems im on the right track its as follows midl 63 slope 12 midh 5 slope 18 and highs 4 slope 18 ,know here is where i gwt confused if you have selected the crossover what does the eq do does that say the starting and stopping points my eq settings are as follow band 1 31:5 q1 band 2 100 q 1 band 3 1 q 1.5 band 4 4 q 1:5 and band 5 10 q 1 if you could some setting to get me to where i want to go please

Huh? That isn't so readable.

sorry about that was not familiar how its done wont do it again

band 1 - 31.5hz Q 1 band 2 -100hz Q 1 band 3-1.2 Q 1.5 band 4- 4khz Q 1:5 band 5- 10khz Q 1 hope thats better

band 1 - 31.5hz Q 1 band 2 -100hz Q 1 band 3-1.2 Q 1.5 band 4- 4khz Q 1:5 band 5- 10khz Q 1 hope thats better

another thing will the dls r6a mids be able to handle the 150wrms im feeding them know ,if you guys dont understand me all the time please remember my firs language is not english lol

please guys i need help ,ive been battleling know for 4 months and im close to tears

Short phrases are better than paragraphs. wink.png

No need to worry about whether a set will take X power or not as you can turn down the gain.

Really aren't sure what you are trying to do. You cite a set of components but then reference active. I would NEVER EVER buy components and then run them active. If you already owned something, ok, but purchasing new. No.

Real question is why did you set your crossover and eq bands where you did. Until we understand this and what you don't like about it, we can't help.

i had the set and my installer sed that goiing active you will have better control over your system ,imy goal is to have a natural sound ,at first i was looking to get morel but over here you cant get them and if you do its very expensive ,the problem is if i set it lower i get like a cracling sound from the mids

Better control sure, but your set will sound better passive than with your current settings. If you don't want to "improve" something then the control is worthless.

i know all the rules about settings but can you please help me with some settigs to improve the focals and bring out the instruments please then i can work from there it would really be apreciated

Impossible without the information I asked.

There are NO SUCH THINGS as generic settings that make ANY sense.

i want to improve the vocals and like i said the instraments it sound like its in the background