i want to improve the vocals and like i said the instraments it sound like its in the background

Go back to passive and see if the problem persists.

And then describe it in more detail, "in the background" "improve vocals" doesn't really tell us much.

lets see if i can explain it beter ,when i listen to queen i know that queens music has alot of instriments you can hear the guitar but it sounds like its very far away and if its beeing played in a tunnel and if i play country like don williams his voice gets destorted when he sings low sorry im trying to explain the best i can dont have trained ears like you but im learning

ok so i listen and i think i know what i dont like its just to explain it thats the problem i cant seem to get the midrange smooth

if dls specs state than the crossover points for mids and highs have to 4500hz but my HU can only set between 4000 hz and 5000hz is there a way to get it to 4500hz

if dls specs state than the crossover points for mids and highs have to 4500hz but my HU can only set between 4000 hz and 5000hz is there a way to get it to 4500hz

DLS has never built an optimal crossover and considering you are talking about less than a 1/3 of an octave it really doesn't matter so much. Try it at 5k WITHOUT the tweeter hooked up and then switch to 4k and see if you get any sibilance or anomalies you don't like.

Thanks will try ,the Q what do you actually change from 1 to 3 i know that 1 is the widest and 3 the narrowest but what will change

You should shut off ALL your eq first. Then play with one band and listen for yourself smile.png Q factor is what the Q changes. In this case, it refers to the bandwidth of the filter and the higher the Q the narrower the bandwidth is.

ok thanks ill do that and see how far i get wil post results thanks

Ok so that helped alot it sounds smooth and the kick base sound great i ended up by setting the mids at 6300 hz slope at 12 highs at 5000 hz slope of 12 ,i noticed that my doors are leaking air so ill have to seal it better the installer dit not do a great yob so i want to take off the deadening and make mdf and seal the holes and then redeaden the doors then i think i will be able to drop to 63 hz ,i will post the results

ok so i know this question have been asked several times but what is the correct way to match amplifier gains

Depends on what you mean by "matching".

Setting gains should be done by EAR.

ok i hear some hissing how that the correct word does that mean the gains are set to high

Regularly that is thermal noise. Turn the gain down and see if it goes away, if so you either have an input voltage problem or are beyond the amplifiers gain capability.

can it be the rca that is the last step i want to change ,whant to put good quality rcas in .i wanted to buy audio graphite rcas but the set will set me back around 450 $.

can it be the rca that is the last step i want to change ,whant to put good quality rcas in .i wanted to buy audio graphite rcas but the set will set me back around 450 $.

Most likely not.

That being said, that would be the absolute stupidest money you could ever spend. There is NO AUDIBLE difference between a hunk of cheap coat hanger and $500 rca's. Complete snake oil.

And yes, I've A/B'd a ton of expensive ones. Save your dough. Turn down the gain first. If it goes away you found your culprit, if not come back and we'll offer more troubleshooting.

Thanks alot will do tonight and lett you know

ok sorted the hissing out ,im having a real problem sorting THE ta out ,is there a simple way of setting it up on the 9887 to work off i know you have to do it by ear but im loosing the battle please if enybody can assist me

T/A is hard by ear. That isn't tuning though, but physical setup. You didn't ask about that.

An acquisition system, mic and the capability to measure in the time domain with an Impulse response is the best way to set it up. If you don't have that start with a ruler and convert for the speed of sound and use that as your delay.

amp gains was to high dindt even have to drop them that much ,how do you convert the measurements

If you solve distance with the speed of sound you will be left with time.

ok dont whant to sound ignorant but is there a formula that i can use

ok here are the measurements all in cm sub-145,LF-118 ,RF-95 LR-134:5,RR112:5.i was taking the furthest speaker(sub) and substracking all the speakers distances from that then divided it by 343 *1000 that gives you ms but what do you put in the HU

please if enybody can help

I don't know anything about the 9887. How is the TA set in the HU? Distance or time?