Sign in to follow this  
ToXicFrOgXx

BL 15 Box Idea

Is 5ft^3 net to much for a BL 15 running on 1200wrms?? My plan is to make a box with an 8" or 10" PVC aero port.

If Im correct... 1. With 5ft^3 net and an 8" port would give me 10 in^2 of port area per ft^3 box area. 10 in^2 seems to low...

2. With 5ft^3 net and a 10" port that would give me 15.7 in^2 per ft^3 box area.

3. But FI recomends running 4ft^3 box and with an 8" port that would give me 12.5 in^2 per ft^3 box area.

If I tune my box at 32hz which option would work the best for daily use on all types of music?? Any help would be aewsome. :)

Don't worry about port area per foot. It doesn't tell you shit lol

An 8" will be perfect for it. You just need to make sure the depth is long so you can actually tune it to 32hz.

What do you mean by options?

By options I ment:

1. 4ft^3 with 8" port,

2. 5ft^3 with 8" port,

3. 5ft^3 with 10" port.

Sorry if that was a little confusing. Lol. With the depth... Does it matter how much of the port is inside the box and how much is sticking out of the box?? Other than the net area taken up by the amount of space the port displaces??

Edited by ToXicFrOgXx

You can have the port as far in or out of the box if you want.

How much power are you running?

1200 wrms. Might upgrade to 2000 sometime down the road.

I would do the 5ft3 with an 8". Just make sure there's room on the side of the box for the waves to get into the cabin.

I gotcha. Well. I'll run some designs through a calculator and see what I can come up with. smile.png thanks dude!!

Edited by ToXicFrOgXx

Cool text me if you need any help.

Sign in to follow this