jonbearsmt

got a new toy for the summer!

so me dani and my dog stewie love going swimming in the summer.. we live in a very uniqe spot of texas.. we have a spring river that starts in out town, and we live close to a hand full of lakes,  but me and dani both have leather in out cars, and stewies nails are huge not to mention neither one of have a trunk to speak of so its a pain in the ass to take coolers chairs and so forth...

so i bought a SUV for about 700 bucks.. it needs some love.. i got it off a collage kid that haddent a clue about cars so..

20130708_182448_zpscae364fb.jpg

20130708_182510_zps25bb7b8a.jpg

20130708_182457_zps27904f77.jpg

20130708_182523_zps604f2e7b.jpg

20130708_182530_zpsb68ac23a.jpg

and ill post of pic of why i bought it

trail to the river

20130707_145232_zps616678f7.jpg20130707_145539_zpsad0e169b.jpglooking back 20130707_145625_zps775a9471.jpg

20130707_145600_zpsfd02a631.jpg

20130707_145613_zps8407e612.jpg20130707_145556_zps2d2ae085.jpg20130707_145622_zps8cc31dcd.jpg20130512_160003_zps73fbc8b7.jpg2012-03-29_22-09-15_298-1.jpg

20121204_153945.jpg

it needs a few things,

main thing the tranny slips a little in first... not a huge deal for what we need it for.. just locally,

barn door latch is broken,

a/c does not work

ignition switch is screwy ( classic chevy)

inside driver door handle does not work

driver side break lights not working

carpet is filthy

paint is sun faded badly

the gas gauge does not work

radiator leaks a little

spare is mounted on the front, OEM is flat needs to be repaired and swapped

driver inside door handle not working,

driver side window now is not working

ill add and strike things that as i repair them... today was a hot day but i got some work done!!

so this will be the river caddy!

Edited by bigjon

that river looks awesome... and your gf is tiny Jon... holy smokes... looks naked under that pool chair! wtf man?!?!?!?!

That's awesome!! That river looks so cool

Nice find sir. Can't wait to see what all you do to it.

that river looks awesome... and your gf is tiny Jon... holy smokes... looks naked under that pool chair! wtf man?!?!?!?!

oh you didnt know!?  yes she is.. and well.. she just may be :P

That's awesome!! That river looks so cool

im fighting the urge to do anything custom to it... as i do not want it to attract any attention while im swimming ... not to mention these trucks so known for a quick door lock  pop and  ignition pop ...... but M-fer aftermarket parts are SOOOOOO easy to find for these.

Looks like a cool little spot!

Yea I was wondering if you were going to do anything car audio related to it lol

Awesome, love water myself.

$700, wth?  That kid must have been on that Molly!!!  Anyway congrats bigjon.  I love it.  In my crystal ball I see some 18"s.  Perhaps 18" Zcons or Evils.  That's a lot of space to do something bad ass.  

Nice river rig homie. Stewie has all kinds of space. That's a different spot than where we went?

Nice find! If 95 or newer vortec style that leak could be lower intake manifold gasket. Just be extra special careful as mine left me stranded in the burban when the seal gave way.

At least one 15 zcon.adhd.gif

Nice river rig homie. Stewie has all kinds of space. That's a different spot than where we went?

yes sir this is a different spot indeed i have  like 9 spots,... i like to change it up :D

Nice find! If 95 or newer vortec style that leak could be lower intake manifold gasket. Just be extra special careful as mine left me stranded in the burban when the seal gave way.

the water leak? well its dripping from the driver side top corrnor of the radiator from what i can

noooo im trying not to do anything in it! nothing at all.. its hard  but im trying

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Add some subs...

yes sir this is a different spot indeed i have  like 9 spots,... i like to change it up biggrin.png

>Nice find! If 95 or newer vortec style that leak could be lower intake manifold gasket. Just be extra special careful as mine left me stranded in the burban when the seal gave way.

the water leak? well its dripping from the driver side top corrnor of the radiator from what i can

noooo im trying not to do anything in it! nothing at all.. its hard  but im trying

Resist the urge!

that nasty Dex-Cool shit eats anything and everything in the coolant system.

You're posting on an audio forum haha, at least a 12 to fill in the low end

ima put some skam subs in it!

it sounds damn good for a factory stereo i was shocked... but i do have some kicker 8s laying around...... wait NO!!!

He really wants to put a system in it but i have to remind him about stewie and why he got it.lol i wouldn't mind but its for the river!..oh no i am not naked he just said "look" lol.

If you haven't named it, call it the River Monster.

Nice find sir! Roll a 99 burban myself.....do......not..........resist...........urge!

Just playin ;) LOL

maybe a single 8  maybe..  but really man the factory stereo sounds great, dani has a maxima with the bose system and this truck sounds better then it!!

but i need to fix alot of other shit first... we both have to roll our windows down to get out! neither inside door handles work,  i need an A/c compressor of course its a Chevy and they always leak in the case,  and i don't want to put a new tranny in it.. because its a 700 dollar truck.. but man for over 200K  the motor seems really solid, no chatter or rattle plenty of power,   i hate to see my self putting that kinda money into it.. but i really really want a tow pig for the lincoln.. but i have to keep telling my self this is not it!!!!

its a throw away truck... remind me of that guys

Sell it after summers overs for profit and save for your tow truck.