DLP Customs

Who we are and what we offer.

Hi my name is jacob and i am the owner and operator of DLP Customs. We are a small audio company out of central illinois. We offer high quality pieces at a price everyone can afford. I am very excited we have reached a partnership with mark and the ssa group! We have very big things to come Be sure to check out the store and check out our woofers. We are doing a pre-order ONLY found on the ssa store!

Any questions can be emailed to me at jacob@dlpcustoms.com

Welcome

:)

Welcome!

high quality pieces

Could you be a lil bit more specific? :)

high quality pieces

We are asking exactly what is it you offer that is different than the others. We see that you offer subwoofers, that's cool, but why should we purchase your product vs the other already flooded copy and paste market.

Could you be a lil bit more specific? smile.png

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/brands/DLP-Customs.html

The guys are pretty serious about their subwoofers and get fairly in depth. If you have any heat dissipation charts, or response curves, full T/S parameter, etc., I recommend posting them. Your prices are lower than some of the other brands, but most people want to know why. This kind of determines whether or not it's worth it to consider your company as an option. SSA is a fantastic forum with some VERY knowledgeable people. You kind of have to cater to that. In my opinion that's the only real way to survive in this game. Also people need to see some of the product. Four bills is a lot of money to just throw out there for something no one has any experience with. I personally am very interested to see how your woofers perform. With the parameters you provided, they seem like excellent subwoofers for sealed applications specifically.

All TSP's will be released when they come in. My prices are cheaper because i have to be. Nobody will pay what everyone else charges with me being new. 

Honestly i am working with what i have. I am in contact with some testing i want to do with these as far as the graphs go i just need to fit it into the budget i have.

All TSP's will be released when they come in. My prices are cheaper because i have to be. Nobody will pay what everyone else charges with me being new. 

Honestly i am working with what i have. I am in contact with some testing i want to do with these as far as the graphs go i just need to fit it into the budget i have.

So are you stating you can't provide specs until you receive all the drivers or until you get prototypes in?  I am confused.  You can understand the skepticism.  Personally, I think the drivers are extremely over-priced, especially given these are pre-order prices, but all we are given is a few pictures (and not even of the final version) and a bit of specs. 

So are you stating you can't provide specs until you receive all the drivers or until you get prototypes in? I am confused. You can understand the skepticism. Personally, I think the drivers are extremely over-priced, especially given these are pre-order prices, but all we are given is a few pictures (and not even of the final version) and a bit of specs.
Once we get our full stock in i will be providing TSP for all sizes. The only prototype we had was the 12inch.

As far as pricing goes that is your opinon and you are entitled to it. I don't agree with it but i am pretty biased. I think we are right on track with everyone else.

Edited by DLP Customs

MY point is you are pricing an unknown.  We have nothing to go by other than a few specs and some pictures of a prototype.

You walk into a car dealership and the salesman tells you,   "Come look at this brochure of this new model we have coming out.  You can get it for $15000 if you preorder right now.  It's red, has a 4 cylinder engine, and gets okay gas mileage, but we don't really know for sure because we've only tested the prototype, but we're pretty sure and can give you all the specs once we have your car."

I'm sure you realize this is a tough sell.  As I stated before, you have to understand the skepticism.  We have little to no information, not even photos of each individual driver, nothing.  You literally showed up one the storefront and forum in one fell swoop, with no information.  This is the age of information. 

I'm a prospective buyer.  I see your company and your product, but there's no info about your product.  The photos are all of the same driver (a prototype obviously) taken on a wooden bench next a Mountain Dew bottle and you want $300+ dollars.  Why should I take that risk?  I can make two more clicks and purchase a well know driver from a well known company for the same price and know exactly what I am getting without risking my hard-earned money.

Mark and aaron wanted to pick us up before production. They must have saw something in us to put us on the site in such a early faze. I understand your point there is just not much i can do right now with no product here. Here is some of our of testing from the proto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckWRJ0E3zCo

What changed from prototype to production? How long have the drivers been in production?

The only thing changing from proto to the production will be the basket. We are going with a black 12 spoke. Everything else performed great!

Still no additional details in regards to your product(s)?

Why did SSA choose to stop carrying DLP?

I think this question is answered reading all the posts in this thread. 

We still have a couple left in stock that we are unloading at our cost, but it seems people won't even pay dealer cost.