Sign in to follow this  
grayta

Does anyone know the cut out diameter for X-12 and Zv4-12

I have a box on the way from Dave The Box Guy with interchangeable ports and what not and would like to use it for a long time without modifying the sub cut out holes. It is going to be for 2 SA-12s that I have laying around.  I was just curoius to see what the cut out diameters were for the Zv4 or X series because I will eventually upgrade to one of them.  Thanks everyone.  Sorry if the answer is somewhere else, I have looked and looked but haven't found it yet.

So I will be able to put them in the same box my SAs were in without modifying the cut outs?  Thanks again.

So I will be able to put them in the same box my SAs were in without modifying the cut outs?  Thanks again.

Only if the box specs are the same for those different drivers!

the SA and the X and Z4 baskets are not the same.. so no you can not pull the SA out and drop a Z4 or X in its place with out cutting

Also the X and Z v.4 Like bigger boxes now. They can use the same box size as the Sa series but Jacob said they will do better in a larger box. For the 12s the optimal is 2.5-3 cubes.

Also the X and Z v.4 Like bigger boxes now. They can use the same box size as the Sa series but Jacob said they will do better in a larger box. For the 12s the optimal is 2.5-3 cubes.

I did not read that they will use the same same enclosure as the SA series. I did read that the Z.4 will use the same size enclosure as the Z.3 and can go 50% larger for more low end efficiency. 

Here is a good quote to go by. 

He recommends the same size enclosures as the zv3's, if not a hair larger.

He said this about the X's, I'm sure the same can be said about the Z's.

You can use the current Z v.3 box specs as a starting point ; all of the new woofers will accept larger boxes -- for example; the Z v.4 12" In-Car Video thread box is 3 cubes for one 12" woofer and we aren't hurting the speaker.

We'll be doing some real-world testing to dial it in further, of course, but this is what I'd shoot for :

10s : 1.25 - 2 cubes ported

12s : 2 - 3 cubes ported

15s : 3 - 4.5 cubes ported

18s : 4 - 6 cubes ported

At higher power err towards smaller; around rated power err towards bigger.

If budget allows it, the Z.4 does everything better on the same power compared to the X due to the Z.4 motor design.

Hmm I thought I read somewhere they can use the same as the Sa series. I know it was on another forum.

Size is not the only factor,  port area and volume will also need to increase.

Yea definitely the port area lol

Sign in to follow this