chrapladm

Higher Xmax than 27mm option

Just trying to find out if there is any woofer that FI builds that has T/S like the FI Q 15" but with more Xmax?

I was looking at buying the Sundown ZV3 or possibly the ZV4. I liked the higher Xmax and it would edge out a few db over the Q because of this. I have had FI subs before and have always liked them. I remember other products being available but now see that those styles are gone. SO is there only the SP415 now for higher Xmax than the Q series?

And if so can someone tell me what the mounting depth is including the top of the mounting flange? SO 11.25 + .75 flange?

Thanks

Edited by chrapladm

Just trying to find out if there is any woofer that FI builds that has T/S like the FI Q 15" but with more Xmax?

I was looking at buying the Sundown ZV3 or possibly the ZV4. I liked the higher Xmax and it would edge out a few db over the Q because of this. I have had FI subs before and have always liked them. I remember other products being available but now see that those styles are gone. SO is there only the SP415 now for higher Xmax than the Q series?

And if so can someone tell me what the mounting depth is including the top of the mounting flange? SO 11.25 + .75 flange?

Thanks

Well, that and the team Fi sub coming to the store soon FMU

if you're worried about output you shouldn't be looking at the Q in the first place. not sure why your fixating on Xmax either

You really aren't going to gain much. There is no correlation between high xmax and SPL.

You really aren't going to gain much. There is no correlation between high xmax and SPL.

thats not what 90% of people think.. im constatntly aruing with people on facebook,. " ah that sub sucks .... " me.. no itt does not " then whats the Xmax on it"   GRRR

people hate you.... fixed your negative score... lol

thats not what 90% of people think.. im constatntly aruing with people on facebook,. " ah that sub sucks .... " me.. no itt does not " then whats the Xmax on it"   GRRR

28mm is alot.  Seriously.

Yea you have to fight with people about the xmax and the sensitivity. It's so frustrating lol

All the parameters play a role.  Xmax plays a role, as does sensitivity, as does overall Q.  These all affect the overall ouput potential of a driver and must all be taken into consideration.

Now, if you are willing to be objective and narrow your choices based on something like the last octave before resonance, than the Xmax parameter may very well outweigh the others.  But you need to look at it objectively like this and not make the blanket assumption that this is true over the entire bandwidth of the system, because this simply isn't the case...

Eminence used to supply sensitivity curves over the driver's bandwidth instead of one asolute number.  This made comparison much easier...  It is too complicated for many people that just want one number, but again, it is objectivity like this that really helps you make an informed decision...

While there is certainly more factors involved, Xmax and SPL are definitely related.  To make it seem as though there is zero correlation is simply incorrect.  It determines the maximum linear displacement of the driver, which determines the maximum linear SPL of the driver.  How important they are relative to each other depends on the circumstances of the specific situation, which we don't know the specifics of this scenario yet.  

Assuming identical alignments, the higher Xmax sub will be capable of more peak linear output.  There is no arguing this.  And it includes ported enclosures. 

stay hating on me...  some stupid cock sucker that will wake up one day and realize  i was right..........

there just mad because i wont sugar coat shit.

<p>Impious has stated it correctly. My situation has me coming from simulating many different subs. And using different drivers with very similar specs all resulting near same SPL. The ones that have higher Xmax are those with higher displacement. SO that being said that is why I asked about more Xmax. Displacement is king here for my application.<br />

<br />

I wont be hating on anyone here. I see no point. Any one can say as they please on a forum. Just trying to find out more was all.<br />

<br />

SO for me it looks like I will be testing out the FI Q and FI SP415. And the reason for this is because the Q may result in a much smoother response then the SP415. BUT only real world testing will tell. Not simulations.<br />

<br />

What is the Team FI sub?<br />

<br />

And does anyone have a picture or measurements detailing the dimensions from the top of the flange to the back of the magnet on the SP415?</p>

Edited by chrapladm

my rant was not directed at you ... but at the loan person who finds joy out of stocking me :D

my rant was not directed at you ... but at the loan person who finds joy out

of stocking me biggrin.png

you are hilarious when it comes to that hate button! lol I think Mark and Aaron should set it up like it use to be so people can see who hated on them [:D]