Flatline1

What we're about

First off we would like to thank Mark for asking us to join the SSA family. We are a small company from north Louisiana trying to bring you some of the best amps around. We take pride in our customer service and our customers are always our top priority. We offer amplifiers from 2k to 10k. I will be posting vids of some of the guys who already have our amps in a section here in the next few days. Again thanks for having us.

Are they built in the USA?

No.

No.

x2, they would of mentioned it if so.

No they are Korean made

I am looking for a 3kw at a fair price.

No they are Korean made

We have our FL2 thats our 3800 rms model.

No they are Korean made

We have our FL2 thats our 3800 rms model.

Price?

No they are Korean made

This means a good price to most companies, unless you're Kevin.

Please fix the name of thread. Every time I see it in my feed it hurts my eyes.

Thank you. :)

I've noticed one thing immediately when looking at your amps internally, and that there is a lot of empty space for the same board vs looking at others in the same RMS range. Was just wondering if you could provide any detail as to why that is? Just curious really.

I've noticed one thing immediately when looking at your amps internally, and that there is a lot of empty space for the same board vs looking at others in the same RMS range. Was just wondering if you could provide any detail as to why that is? Just curious really.

This has come up a lot lol but to answer your question you kinda have to see one in person to better understand. The amps have the same amount of components as any other amp but just say instead of 8 small transformers on the power side there are 4 double stacked used. Same for the ones on the output side instead of 4 there are 2 double stacked. Our amps are a little taller than most companies because of this. As far as the capacitors its the same instead of using a lot of smaller ones we just use fewer larger ones. We could have used the same board layout as everyone else but what would have been the point. That would have been a waste of everyone's time and effort. Hope this answers your question.

This has come up a lot lol but to answer your question you kinda have to see one in person to better understand. The amps have the same amount of components as any other amp but just say instead of 8 small transformers on the power side there are 4 double stacked used. Same for the ones on the output side instead of 4 there are 2 double stacked. Our amps are a little taller than most companies because of this. As far as the capacitors its the same instead of using a lot of smaller ones we just use fewer larger ones. We could have used the same board layout as everyone else but what would have been the point. That would have been a waste of everyone's time and effort. Hope this answers your question.

Well thanks a lot for answering my question! That actually helps a lot. So, knowing the information you've provided, what are some of the pros/cons when using few larger ones vs several smaller ones? (ones being the capacitors and the transformers or any of the other amplifier components.)

Well thanks a lot for answering my question! That actually helps a lot. So, knowing the information you've provided, what are some of the pros/cons when using few larger ones vs several smaller ones? (ones being the capacitors and the transformers or any of the other amplifier components.)

Mainly this was done to make a smaller amplifier for the given power size mainly in length is where the difference is . Width may be a little smaller than some other companies but honestly our amps should be about the same width wise. Now as far as pros or cons I really cant say to be honest. Its just the way that the boards were designed, they are designed to be very efficient and that they are. They have exceeded all the factory specs power wise even for what they are rated to do @ their 1 ohm rating.

Mainly this was done to make a smaller amplifier for the given power size mainly in length is where the difference is . Width may be a little smaller than some other companies but honestly our amps should be about the same width wise. Now as far as pros or cons I really cant say to be honest. Its just the way that the boards were designed, they are designed to be very efficient and that they are. They have exceeded all the factory specs power wise even for what they are rated to do @ their 1 ohm rating.

Really keeping your word on the CS, that's for sure! And thank you, for being honest, that will definately help you from ever being "skared", as another member puts it. I look forward to seeing more from your company :)

No problem that's what we're here for. Any questions or concerns its our job to try answer to the best of our ability and I'm the type of person that if I don't know I will definitely do my best to find out for you.

How are factory specs measured, surely a digital multimeter, pocket oscilloscope, and clamp meter are just for marketing?

How are factory specs measured, surely a digital multimeter, pocket oscilloscope, and clamp meter are just for marketing?

Those were not used for factory testing that was used by Taylor Fade when he tested the 7k

How exactly were the amplifiers verified to exceed factory specifications?  The clamp tests posted in the other thread aren't a valid test result.  I assume you used some other verifiable, reliable measuring system in order to make that statement? 

How exactly were the amplifiers verified to exceed factory specifications?  The clamp tests posted in the other thread aren't a valid test result.  I assume you used some other verifiable, reliable measuring system in order to make that statement? 

Everyone uses different methods of testing and clamping amplifiers some claim if you don't use a oscope or amp dyno then tests aren't valid. We have the factory test numbers and we have the results from the test that we ran and the numbers were higher than what factory specs were.

So the answer is that you don't have any valid test measurements demonstrating that the amps exceed the factory power specs as you previously stated, as you are relying on those two [meaningless] clamp tests as the evidence that they exceed rated power ?

So the answer is that you don't have any valid test measurements demonstrating that the amps exceed the factory power specs as you previously stated, as you are relying on those two [meaningless] clamp tests as the evidence that they exceed rated power ?

To answer your question they weren't sent to some lab and tested. They were tested by reputable people that keep documented results. So to answer your question were they tested YES. Did they exceed factory ratings while being tested YES. And the test may be meaning less to you as everyone does the same testing from Sundown to most other companies. If that's not a good enough validation for you then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Flatline1

They weren't tested using a valid test methodology with calibrated equipment and compared to the factory specifications using the same thresholds.  Which means the answer to my question is no, and the claim that they produce more than rated power is unproven and unsupported.

Normally a company makes a claim when they have the evidence to actually support it.  Nothing against your amps.  But you have nothing to actually support your claim, and unsupported claims I do have a problem with.  It's misleading and breeds ignorance among consumers.  Especially when a company is using something as useless as a clamp test to verify their "rated power" and promoting it as the evidence that they exceed "rated power".